Gaming Mouse for SIM Racing on PC: Assetto Corsa, ...

AdamCalifornia

Standard Member
I am new to simulator gaming, in particular racing simulator games, on PC (laptop).
Recently I purchased my first (more purchases to follow) sim racing game: beautiful Assetto Corsa.

Obviously, I have diffulties in driving any car using the built-in keyboard on my laptop and my
Logitech M325 Wireless Mouse.

"The Logitech M325 Wireless Optical Mouse has been specifically designed for Web-scrolling making it a perfect accessory for internet users everywhere.
Wireless technology allows fast transmission of data with hardly any delays or dropouts whilst the advanced optical tracking ensures precision clicking.

Overall, the Logitech M325 Wireless Optical Mouse is the ideal device for all your browsing needs!"

(See see here).

Paraphrasing the above I would like a
gaming mouse which
1. has been specifically designed for simulator racing
2. is the ideal device for all my simulator racing needs
3. allows fast transmission of data with no delays or dropouts

Also such a gaming mouse must be bigger than the M325 and with optimal type of grip
- Claw Grip or Tip Grip or Palm Grip or ... - (Types Of Mouse Grip)
for driving cars in realistic sim racing games like Assetto Corsa, etc. OFFLINE in a single player mode.

I am not interested in first-person shooter (FPS), real-time-strategy (RTS), massively multiplayer online (MMO), multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA - aka ARTS) role-playing (RPG), ... games at all.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

P.S.
Also, I would like to play combat or non-combat flight simulator games (FlihghtGear, DCS World
+ Flaming Cliffs 3, etc.), but perhaps such gaming requires a different gaming mouse?

If your only interested in driving sims why not get a wheel . .. tool for the job . .

aslird

I agree with Craig - buy a wheel if you are interested in racing sims. Not only will it feel more authentic, you will have much better control than with a mouse.
Failing that, buy an xbox controller - you can use that for driving, as well as using it for flight or combat sims.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom