• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Gaming monitors

steveohim

Standard Member
I'm looking for a gaming monitor for my Xbox one but also to hook up my retro consoles which all seem to have rca input, but no monitors seem to have rca input.
What are my options?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
The Xbox One can't use most gaming monitor features like Adaptive Sync and high refresh rates anyway.

RCA is a connector not a protocol. It's commonly used for both Composite (single yellow) and Component (Red, Yellow, Green) video inputs and analogue audio inputs (red and white). They're not interchangeable so which do you need?

I think you'll struggle to find a new display with any of them other than stereo analogue audio, so you may have to look second hand. I seem to remember some of the Dell Ultrasharp and Eizo Foris screens held on to them longer than most.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom