• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Gaming monitor?

bobo343

Standard Member
As the title says, I'm looking for a new monitor which is purely for gaming.

I have a 19" HD TV in my room, but I wanna upgrade to about 23" and have full 1080p as opposed to 720p.

I don't really watch any TV in my room, so a monitor would be better as it'll be cheaper.

I can stretch to about £200, and the monitor needs HDMI and VGA. I've seen this which has caught my eye, but past the resolution I don't know what to look for. The reviews on the page seem okay though.

If anyone can recommend that monitor or something better at around the £200 mark that would be great.

Thanks.

Jishuku

Standard Member
I don't know if it's better than the Philips or not, but here's another you might wanna look up:

I'm using the BenQ G2412HD, which is a 23.6", 1080p, hdmi equipped monitor.

It has a wee bit of backlight bleeding, but honestly I never notice it anymore. I think it's gotten less and less as time passes by as well.

Works great for gaming, my performance in CS 1.6 is still as good as when I had my 19" CRT.

For natural colors you'll need to calibrate it, I never quite got it to look like I wanted though. Now I just use the built in Modes function instead. (i stuck with Movie mode)

A good monitor for the price.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom