Question Gaming Monitor for £400

tinrib

So santa has accumulated me £400 in presents so thinking about upgrading monitor. Currently have an lg 24" 1080p 60hz monitor. Considering a 27" 1440p ideally 120/144hz monitor. With the jan sales coming up looking to grab me a bargain. Anyone recommend a decent monitor that i can keep my eye on?? Its either a new monitor or i7 cpu (current cpu in sig) but think want to upgrade monitor as its getting old despite still working perfectly still. Cheers.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
If you're happy with the sizing of your current monitor then 32" would be more appropriate for 2560x1440 than 27", so perhaps have a look at something like HP's new Envy 32.

tinrib

I sit bang in front of monitor so dont wanna go too big. Not sure if a 32" will be abit big??

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I sit bang in front of monitor so dont wanna go too big. Not sure if a 32" will be abit big??

[email protected]" is your current monitor but with extra space added onto the sides, specifically 5cm/2" top and bottom and 9cm/3.5" each side. Something of a specific size like a web site will display identically, you just have more space to expand the window to see more of it.

Going down to 27" at that resolution effectively zooms out. When displaying the same amount of web page everything will be smaller.

That assumes the same viewing distance, you can obviously move it closer or further away to make the screen and the stuff on it appear bigger or smaller.

Generally the effects of a screen being too small or too far for a given resolution is difficulty seeing details, reading small text sizes and similar. The effect of a screen being too large or too close for a given resolution is that you can see individual pixels.

Do you find it too easy to see individual pixels on your current screen? Or is it as far back on your desk as possible already?

tinrib

My current monitor is 24"... hence the reason to upgrade to something like a 27". Sitting 3ft away from a 32" screen might be too much!?? Thinking about the BenQ XL2730Z with freesync??

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom