Gaming mitx case?

rob4001

Standard Member
Ok I have some components that I can cannibalize from my current gaming pc such as ram and ATI 7950

but I'm looking for a small case some of the so called mitx cases are massive defeating the whole point of a smaller system

I'm looking at Corsair 250D but that's kind of big but not too bad and is a favorite. Are there any others that I may have overlooked? I may have to ditch my PSU which is 180mm for a smaller one. suggestions welcome. I will not be overclocking so no need for water or massive air coolers.

Thanks

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I don't know what you consider to be a 'gaming' case.

Generally though, for cases that fit a dual slot, full height card Silverstone are a good bet, they do multiple models between 10 and 15 litres (the 250D is 28 litres).

silent

Banned
i have a 2nd machi which i'm selling, built in the bitfenix prodgy case. very nice and looks great, but i found it a pain to work in. i don't have any watercooling in their, but i foundit a little 'tight' to work in. maybe it's me.
looks good. i have a xfire AMD rig in there, my cardis not full length but i reckon it will take one easly. my current GPU is a 6670.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
The Prodigy is pretty large though, barely any smaller than a modest tower case, 36 litres IIRC. Granted it looks a bit smaller than that because a fair chunk of the volume is those spoilers but it's a brilliant choice if you're after a small case because you don't want it to take up room.

silent

Banned
i did build a small system once in a thermaltake elements q and that was nice. not sure if that takes a full length card though. i used it as a surfing rig. only sold it to go 'big' again.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom