Gaming makes me feel sick - anyone else ?

themoid

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So, i never used to have any issues when gaming. VR has always made me want to throw up though !

Over the past 12 months if i play games with any kind of first person type movement (so Skyrim, Destiny, that kind of thing) i very quickly start to feel nauseous- not stomach sick but in the head. So it's essentially simulator sickness.

I use the TV in the lounge, a PS5 or Xbox.

Has anyone else experienced this, and more importantly has anyone got ideas as to how i can stop this happening ??

Cheers
Stu

Try performance (60fps) modes wherever possible, try and reduce motion blur in games via game/tv settings and if you have the option, enable a dot in the central point of the view..

Try performance (60fps) modes wherever possible, try and reduce motion blur in games and if you have the option, enable a dot in the central point of the view..
Cheers, I'll try these

Try performance (60fps) modes wherever possible, try and reduce motion blur in games via game/tv settings and if you have the option, enable a dot in the central point of the view..
I was playing High On Life on max settings the other day (which runs buttery smooth on a 3060 @120fps) and I instantly felt sick while playing it. I think I managed around 2 minutes before I had to turn it off.
So just a few mins ago I turned off motion blur as you suggested and it feels so much better to play.
Now I can give it a proper go, thanks for the tip.

So, i never used to have any issues when gaming. VR has always made me want to throw up though !

Over the past 12 months if i play games with any kind of first person type movement (so Skyrim, Destiny, that kind of thing) i very quickly start to feel nauseous- not stomach sick but in the head. So it's essentially simulator sickness.

I use the TV in the lounge, a PS5 or Xbox.

Has anyone else experienced this, and more importantly has anyone got ideas as to how i can stop this happening ??

Cheers
Stu
After long lay offs of first person games going into them on a normal monitors makes can make me feel sick for the first hour, but once that hour over Im OK even the following day no problems. Maybe it just getting you brain to adapt.

I don't know if it would work as I never tried it at the time with games but taking ginger crystalized or wine helps, Holland and Barretts stock them.

if the game has a setting to increase FOV then do that. I find FPS games with very low fovs make me feel queesy. and bear in mind I can play in VR for hrs on end.

It could be the colour. There is one of the command and Conquer games, Renegade that made me feel ill. I think it was in ship where the lighting is all red. This was on the PC. I had no problem with the rest of it. You need to complete this mission to progress lol.

I was just trying the demo for Resident Evil Village on the PS5 and that made me feel nauseous. Strange that. I won't be buying that now, unfortunately.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom