• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Gaming keyboard recommendations?

headshot

Established Member
Hey folks im on the look out for a new gaming keyboard

Just to give you a taste of what im looking for. I had the Logitech Gaming Keyboard G510 for a brief day and I hated it a lot. I just found the keyboard to low down for my liking

So im hoping someone can recommend me one that rises higher that G510

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
What's your budget?

weetsie

Prominent Member
what are you looking for in a gaming keyboard? lots of macros? backlight? nkeyroll? mechanical switches?

I use a Razer Lycosa but would not recommend it personally. I moved from a G15 and regret it big time. Hate the low profile keys. I would go with one of the Logitechs. I like the look of the Roccat stuff aswell.

headshot

Established Member
what are you looking for in a gaming keyboard? lots of macros? backlight? nkeyroll? mechanical switches?
yes I would like backlight, not sure what nkeyroll is and im not sure would I like a mechanical one, never had experience with them
I use a Razer Lycosa but would not recommend it personally. I moved from a G15 and regret it big time. Hate the low profile keys. I would go with one of the Logitechs. I like the look of the Roccat stuff aswell.

you know I rather stay away from logitech, iv enough of their dodgy stuff

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
yes I would like backlight, not sure what nkeyroll is and im not sure would I like a mechanical one, never had experience with them

you know I rather stay away from logitech, iv enough of their dodgy stuff

:eek: Logitech's stuff being dodgy?!

Friend and myself have had nothing but good products from them and their support is top notch.

Friend and myself have had nothing but good products from them and their support is top notch.
Their RMA is also the best i have ever used. I had one pedal spiking on my pedals, rung them up complained. They sent me a whole brand new G27 and didn't have to send the other back.

headshot

Established Member

i have the logitech G930 and i can tell you one thing im not the only one having problems with their headsets etc

I also had logitech steering wheel and it was broken when i receive it (customer care was rubbish too)

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
Their RMA is also the best i have ever used. I had one pedal spiking on my pedals, rung them up complained. They sent me a whole brand new G27 and didn't have to send the other back.
Similar with my Z5500s, the backlight went on the control pod; they got me to try a factory reset and when that didn't work asked to see the invoice. I sent that to them and in reply was the tracking details for a new set of speakers with no mention of returning the old ones.

In terms of gaming KBs, mechanical is meant to be the best but I've never had a chance to try so can't really comment. Definitely worth a look if you're after a decent one which will last a while.

Last edited:

headshot

Established Member
so any recommendations

Iv a razor mouse "The razor respawn 3500" absolutely adore it

maybe a razor keyboard would go well with it?

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
I have a Razor Lycosa and please with it. Personally i prefere the low profile keys, i also like the blue back lighting.

Only issues with mine are that every now and again the odd key doesnt work so need to unplug, could be just this one but hasnt done it for a while. Oh and the matte finish to the keys show up all marks off your fingers.

Whether its good for gaming i dont know as i use the Razor Nostromo for that.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I've had the Logitech G15 keyboard for years now. The LCD screen is great for showing info when in certain games, plus for other software too.

The current version of this looks awesome.

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
I have a Razor Lycosa and please with it. Personally i prefere the low profile keys, i also like the blue back lighting.

Only issues with mine are that every now and again the odd key doesnt work so need to unplug, could be just this one but hasnt done it for a while. Oh and the matte finish to the keys show up all marks off your fingers.

Whether its good for gaming i dont know as i use the Razor Nostromo for that.

I also have the Lycosa, but unless you are one of those that keeps washing your hands in alchol and never eats snacks at the keyboard, the keys will eventually start to wear away.

If Razor release one with laser cut keys and more brighter and even lighting, I would buy one instantly*

*Instantly for me is like ISP's definition of Unlimited, and adapted to suit my current finicial pridicament of having a missus and daughter to feed and water, and a whole heap of white goods that have nothing better to do than break when I want to buy something new and shiney.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom