1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming HDTV recomendation

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stoise, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Stoise

Stoise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have noticed that there are quite a few topics on the forum of this nature ) but after reading through a lot of them I am still not sure exactly what TV to get -
    I am looking for a 37" TV for gaming (I.E. I probably wont watch much TV on it) and I need to know which (HD of course) TV will have the best picture quality for this - I have noticed that people are saying the PV500 is excellent, but also the PHD8 (which aparently isn't out yet) what would you recommend?

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    There will be no HD 37" panel only from Panasonic in UK. The PV500 is the only choice from them. The only other HD 37" plasma glass is the Hitachi/fujitsu glass, it works well for some. I think Sony and Hitachi both make HD 37" TVs out of it, though not so sure if they are actually HD ready in the full sense of the phrase. That affects gaming, cos the one signal you are gonna need for HD gaming for certain is 720p@50Hz on component video. There are many displays, including the SD 37" panasonic that can display this, just they are not HD r4eady as they lack resolution. It might well be worth considering an LCD in this size range too, but check out the ALIS screens before dismissing any options, specifically on what inputs they have and what signals they will accept.