Gamestation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fir3B1rd

any 1 know if theres a gamestation in nothern ireland ?

daveaka

It looks like they are missing out on a trick imo..I wonder why they haven't got any shops in Northern Ireland...

KinkyAffro

No need there are GAME stores around.

Yes but following the "major talking point on here recently maybe he'd like to save himself £20 though eh? Considering Gamestation trade in against a Elite is £160 and Game is only £140 :lesson: Gamestation trade in's on everything are better than Game.

WelshBluebird

Yes but following the "major talking point on here recently maybe he'd like to save himself £20 though eh? Considering Gamestation trade in against a Elite is £160 and Game is only £140 :lesson: Gamestation trade in's on everything are better than Game.

not for long they won't be (GAME have bought gamestation).

Fir3B1rd

games sux . they allways charge way too much compaired to other places !

KinkyAffro

not for long they won't be (GAME have bought gamestation).

Always someone with an answer eh? :smashin:

Just as soon as i get time to do a little research i'll look back and find again the info i found in the wee hours of this morning stating that although there has been a buy out they will continue to trade seperately until at least 2008....then i'll post it for you to read :smashin:.

Anyway that's irrelevant, i recognised Fir3B1rd's name from posts on the "premium trade in for Elite" posts been going on all week stating Gamestation are giving £20 more for trade in than Game. Just trying to be of help :)

WelshBluebird

Always someone with an answer eh? :smashin:

Just as soon as i get time to do a little research i'll look back and find again the info i found in the wee hours of this morning stating that although there has been a buy out they will continue to trade seperately until at least 2008....then i'll post it for you to read :smashin:.

I know its OT - but cheers for that. I hope they do stay separate. There's already enough game stores in Cardiff, no need for another (the gamestation shop). And the nearest proper game shop to me is a gamestation (in pontypridd), so I would be pretty annoyed if that turned into a GAME and started charging higher prices.

KinkyAffro

I know its OT - but cheers for that. I hope they do stay separate. There's already enough game stores in Cardiff, no need for another (the gamestation shop). And the nearest proper game shop to me is a gamestation (in pontypridd), so I would be pretty annoyed if that turned into a GAME and started charging higher prices.

Totally agree...

The last i heard The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) was scrutinising Game Stores' acquisition of Gamestation.

The £74m buyout, which combines Gamestation's 217 stores with Game's 830 stores across Europe, was being investigated to see whether it will result in significantly reduced competition.

If the OFT rules that this is the case, the acquisition could be referred to the Competition Commission for a full review.

This all started in about June. One would imagine this is why for now, and for the forseeable future we'll all be able to still take advantage of Gamestation's better prices, trade in's etc. I'm sure i read some posts a while back from a Gamestation Manager on a pc gamer forum or some such who admitted nothing would change for a Loooong time, here's hoping :thumbsup:

dodger747

Closing thread...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom