• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Gamestation UK

scor81

Established Member
I preordered form gamestation eastbourne on 6th nov. Ive been told by their head office ops team that the 2nd shipment should be in stores by monday, but hopefully sooner. This has been going on all week. Anyone else have GS preorders, and know whats going on with them??

scor81

Established Member
out of all the big gaming stores and supermarkets, it seems that GS have had the least stock... nothing since launch so far :mad:

mrben

Established Member
Same with me. I preordered from GS princes street. Heard nothing as yet. Fingers crossed for next week, I guess.

urbanlegend

Established Member
they did have a part load delivered to my local store but not enough to cover all the preorders.been promised another shipment this week:( .when i preordered mine there was a massive poster in the window saying preorder here and guaranteed one before xmas.im still hoping.let us know what they say scor81.

scor81

Established Member
The staff at gamestation are full of ****. They got in about 50 consoles on launch... all preorders snapped them up, I missed out by about 5. They told me they'd have more in next day or 2... but now each day passes and i call the store to be told that they have no idea when more are coming. I can't see why they have taken so long to get a 2nd shipment, when most supermarkets are managing to get some in :mad:
I'm going on holiday on sunday, that's why im being so damm impatient.

fatfingers73

Established Member
I'm number 96 at Camdens gamestation, they've had 74 already, I just hope they get another 22 by next Friday.

I can't complain really, I didn't order until 11/12.

scor81

Established Member
right just spoken to gamestations ops dept again. they can look at each stores delivery/dispatch details. doesnt look like any are headed to eastbourne today:mad:

scor81

Established Member
i spoke to nintendo this morning. guy was really helpful, but they are majorly ****** off with game, GS, amazon play etc because they were told NOT to take pre orders before 10th Nov, and obviously they all did. Nintendo are not gonna go all out to help fill all these extra preorders, so theyll be allocating what they have evenly.. to supermarkets etc as well.

However, stock is gonna be arriving in stores over these next few days.. just dont assume that because you have a pre order, that youll get one before others who just walk in off the street.

@urbanlegend.. depends when you ordered. stock is being allocated to stores according to the ammount of people who have the earliest preorders at each store, if that makes sense. so if your store has more early pre orders than mine, youll get it first.

number for the ops team is 0845 365 2000

scor81

Established Member
yeah, they will honour all preorders before selling them off the shelves. but from the distribution point of view ie from nintendo, they wont be giving stores that over pre ordered and sort of priority of stock allocation.

i just found a store 20 miles up the road from me that are getting 50 machines 8am saturday, first come first served... and another store 40 miles away that are getting machines tomorrow morning. dunno if i can be arsed driving that far tho.

matt bellamy

Standard Member
I'm 99 on the pre-order list at the GS in Birmingham (pallasades). I went in and asked on Tueday if I was likely to get my wii before x-mas.

The GS employee said she couldn't be sure but said that they were expecting a delivery this friday which would bring them upto 85 so far. She also said they are hoping for another delivery sometime next week but dont know how many. Fingers crossed they get at least 14 next week bringing it up to 99.

I was also told that some people have cancelled their pre-orders so if enough cancel I might get lucky...but I wont hold my breath

norealplan

Distinguished Member
Probably going to the feel the wrath of many here by posting this, but you didn't exactly preordered early did you? I preordered my Wii with Gamestation the first day they were doing preorders (think early September) and low and behold I got mine fine with no problems what so ever on launch night. Got a component cable and every game that I wanted. The store near me seems to be the only one getting Wii's in when compared to other places. PC world has had two consoles in, and my mate was told they were not expecting anymore until after xmas. If you're slow to preorder, it's going to be a longer wait until you receive your console. I think you've got to partly blame yourselves too if you're just going to blame Gamestation.

Dave1979

Established Member
I pre-ordered (and got) with Gamestation Princes Street and they had more in on the launch night than they had pre-orders for. They had people in the queue who had not pre-ordered who got one (roughly 20 people in the queue got them with no pre-order!!)

scor81

Established Member
Oh i know i should have pre-ordered earlier, like maybe mid march or something?

My point is that I don't like being lied to and fed ******** from the staff at gamestation. A nintendo rep told me that he was sent out into the highstreet to see what he'd get if he tried to get a Wii. He heard everything from delays/strikes in France to a mechanical failure on a plane etc etc.. somplete crap.

If when I'd gone into Gamestation to order mine, on 1st Nov, I'd been told that they had used up their allocation of stock on pre-orders already (which they knew they had done) then I would never have bothered.

themanwithapc

Established Member
Probably going to the feel the wrath of many here by posting this, but you didn't exactly preordered early did you? I preordered my Wii with Gamestation the first day they were doing preorders (think early September) and low and behold I got mine fine with no problems what so ever on launch night. Got a component cable and every game that I wanted. The store near me seems to be the only one getting Wii's in when compared to other places. PC world has had two consoles in, and my mate was told they were not expecting anymore until after xmas. If you're slow to preorder, it's going to be a longer wait until you receive your console. I think you've got to partly blame yourselves too if you're just going to blame Gamestation.

What about those who go and preorder at one store as soon as preorders open, avoid multi-preordering as they assume their order is safe and then get told a week before release that they're not getting one on launch?

I've said it many times over the past year, and I'll say it again. Preordering is a lottery plain and simple.

norealplan

Distinguished Member
Well i preordered on the first day and didn't preorder anywhere else, as I assumed being third on the list I was getting one.

I totally understand where you guys are coming from, and I hope you get your machines ASAP. Maybe one day they will work out a perfect preordering system :rolleyes:

themanwithapc

Established Member
Well i preordered on the first day and didn't preorder anywhere else, as I assumed being third on the list I was getting one.

I totally understand where you guys are coming from, and I hope you get your machines ASAP. Maybe one day they will work out a perfect preordering system :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what I mean matey. Had the store only received 2 units, I'm sure you'd have been pretty peeved off.

I guess the 'perfect preorder system' could only take place under the watchful eyes of a manufacture i.e. a centralised preorder system where everyone who preorders (regardless of retailer) is put in rank order. Then again, that's not going to make the headlines is it......:suicide:

oliscott

Established Member
I only Pre Ordered mine last Friday on launch day and im 33 on the list. They said today Ill probally receive mine next week. Very nice.

cheshire_carper

Established Member
In 4 weeks time, everybody on here will be bored sh*tless of the Wii.

Imagine getting this worked up about a snes, right now. You wouldn't. Its all just timing, plain and simple.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom