Gamestation - Instore Bundles

Foz87

Standard Member
Reaction score
rite guys, after months of deliberation over 360/wii or waiting for a ps3 ive decided to go out and get a 360. Ive seen gamestations's deals online and read about the 339 deal with 4 games, but does anyone know if they are still doing any variations of this deal instore.

Premium
PGR
Arcade Unplugged
Extra Controller
Extra Battery
+ Another Game

for 300. I noticed they were doing this on their website but now it appears they are picking the extra game for you last week it was sonic and now Need for Speed, neither or which really appeal to me. Does anyone know if i go into the store i would be able to get the likes of GoW or R6:Vegas. I dont particularly fancy drivin all the way into the city center to find that you cant get any other game. Cheers guys.

rite guys, after months of deliberation over 360/wii or waiting for a ps3 ive decided to go out and get a 360. Ive seen gamestations's deals online and read about the 339 deal with 4 games, but does anyone know if they are still doing any variations of this deal instore.

Premium
PGR
Arcade Unplugged
Extra Controller
Extra Battery
+ Another Game

for 300. I noticed they were doing this on their website but now it appears they are picking the extra game for you last week it was sonic and now Need for Speed, neither or which really appeal to me. Does anyone know if i go into the store i would be able to get the likes of GoW or R6:Vegas. I dont particularly fancy drivin all the way into the city center to find that you cant get any other game. Cheers guys.

ring em up first and discuss your dilemma..thats what im gonna do.. not into driving games, gonna ask if they will change...may do to clinch the sale....oh buy the way im in exactly the same position as you...no wii..no ps3 and now fed up...im going 360 all the way!!!! best decision at the moment!!!!:clap:

bring on the gears of war:devil:

I am sure if you ask they will swap the game

cheers ill take a trip in tomorrow, im guessing this could end up being down to the descretion of whoevers working at the time, so hopefully ill get someone in a good mood :D

PGR3 + 2nd Wireless + Arcade comes in it's own box (all 3 things inside) sealed so I'm not sure how open they would be about opening it up if you wanted to swap out PGR3. Try it though :)

^^^

Think thats going to be your problem. PGR3 has a big promo label on it aswell so they couldn't even sell it to another person...

Plus PGR 3 will have "Bundle Copy" plasterd all over it (well mine did!).

Beaten too it!

Just to claify, im aware that this new "entertainment pack" thing is all bundled together, its the second game which according to their website is Need for Speed. However, hopefully they will let me pick up vegas or GoW instead.

If u speak to the manager u will have a better chance at getting any game u want. Heres a little funny story, when I went in the game chosen was R6, but I wanted GOW. The guy said no, that deal finished a few days ago, and since I had no interest in R6 I was just gonna pay the £300 then trade in R6 for GOW on the spot. This was gonna add an extra £10 to the cost, also it was for a 2nd hand copy since they had no new. I handed over my CC, then realised I forgot the PIN, since it was late I had to come back next day.

Well I went back next day and someone else tended to me, I just asked for the £300 bundle. Then surprisingly he asked what game I wanted with it, so I just said ermmm GOW?, the guy said ok, no probs. So I was very lucky to get GOW and also it was a new copy, though it had bundle copy written on the cover. Its not suppose to be a bundle copy, as I got 3 friends that bought the same bundle a week or so earlier and they all told me it does'nt say bundle copy on theirs. But no complaints from me as I was extremely lucky to actually get GOW.

Well I went back next day and someone else tended to me, I just asked for the £300 bundle. Then surprisingly he asked what game I wanted with it, so I just said ermmm GOW?, the guy said ok, no probs.

Shame he didn't give you the Limited Edition Tin Pack otherwise that would have been an extra bonus! But still a fantastic deal as it is, especially since you got it after expiry :smashin:

I bought the £339 offer pgr plus 3 other games one of which was gears of war, only noticed when i got it home that it had bundle wrote on it :oops: , does any one think they will change it for one that doesn't as this will have no resale value.

I bought the £339 offer pgr plus 3 other games one of which was gears of war, only noticed when i got it home that it had bundle wrote on it :oops: , does any one think they will change it for one that doesn't as this will have no resale value.

Exact same thing happened to me today. I went in to enquire about it and they said that it will alright for me to later exchange that for something else. They said that the "Bundle Copy" label won't affect anything.

went into Gamestation today, and unlike the website they still had Sonic as the extra game in the 299 deal and wouldnt budge, so i just decided sod it and got the 339 one instead :D walked out with

Premium
PGR
Gears of War
R6: Vegas
Tiger Woods 07
+ Extra Wireless Cont

also like someone else said, after i asked for Gears of War they just gave me one of the Premium Packs which came bundled with the game inside the box, like PGR it has "Bundles Copy" written across it, although at this stage its irrelevant. Now just to figure out the easiest way to get myself on live and i'll be laughin!

go on ebay and look for netdirectbargains, they sold me a code for around £20-25 pounds and it has worked a treat.

went into Gamestation today, and unlike the website they still had Sonic as the extra game in the 299 deal and wouldnt budge, so i just decided sod it and got the 339 one instead :D walked out with

Premium
PGR
Gears of War
R6: Vegas
Tiger Woods 07
+ Extra Wireless Cont

also like someone else said, after i asked for Gears of War they just gave me one of the Premium Packs which came bundled with the game inside the box, like PGR it has "Bundles Copy" written across it, although at this stage its irrelevant. Now just to figure out the easiest way to get myself on live and i'll be laughin!

Does anyone know how long this deal will be on for?

Worst first post ever :)

Its meant to be on till the end of the year.

Superb! I was 'Told' by the missus I couldn't get one this side of Xmas, had the day off espicially to go 'Xmas Shopping' ;) . At least now the deal is hopefully extended I can go get me one next Friday 29th :)

Got my Original Xbox to Trade in, they said I'll get £39 for that, and I have around 25 games to Trade in to so should get me a decent enough deal. Gonna go for the £339 pack. Really want to get my hands on the HD DVD drive too!

GOW
R6 &
FIFA I think.

noob to the forum here but been lurking behind the scenes for a week or so while gathering some knowledge on the 360

got my 360 today from gamestation, want to say thanks to you guys for mentioning the £340 in-store deal here otherwise i would never have known about it, so cheers! :smashin:

maybe see some of you on live when i finally get on there :thumbsup:

thanks again :smashin:
Dean.

I have an old xbox that is chipped, will gamestation accept that or does it need to be a proper vanilla machine?

Not entirely sure, probably best to ask them. I cant see an issue with it personally as they will most likley only offer a 3 month warranty or less on second hand goods.

i would be amazed if they will accept a modified console as i couldnt imagine they would sell it on! (unless someone in the store wants one)

I have an old xbox that is chipped, will gamestation accept that or does it need to be a proper vanilla machine?

Just don't tell them, GS never check hardware, I know loads of people who have got used hardware from them only for it to be DOA :nono:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom