• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Answered Gamesharing help?

Thejester31

Novice Member
I cant play game shared games but person I game shared with can play my games. I was able before but now it asks me if I own the game. Looking for any explanation or help.

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
I cant play game shared games but person I game shared with can play my games. I was able before but now it asks me if I own the game. Looking for any explanation or help.

You didn't need a new thread for this. There already is one. He changed his home console to another one. Probably started sharing with someone else because people would rather be shady as than talk to their gamesharing buddy. You're SOL friend.

Thejester31

Novice Member
You didn't need a new thread for this. There already is one. He changed his home console to another one. Probably started sharing with someone else because people would rather be shady as than talk to their gamesharing buddy. You're SOL friend.
The person I game shared with told me he was switching consoles and we did the steps over again we still talk and play other games we have on disc together. We also wasn't sure if we should contact Xbox but I doubt they would help.

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
The person I game shared with told me he was switching consoles and we did the steps over again we still talk and play other games we have on disc together. We also wasn't sure if we should contact Xbox but I doubt they would help.

Did you set yours as his home console again?

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
I heard if I wait a year the game share resets so does everybody have to redo the game share after a year cause if you do I don't mind waiting or is there nothing I can do?

All it is is designating a home console each, that just happens to be a different one to the one you use. Why would MS reset anything??.

Most people would change their home console if they got a new machine..... If MS reset this, then it would revert their home console status to a machine they no longer own, think about it.

To me it sounds like your being tricked. You still have his console set as your home one, hence he can play your games, but even if you did set your console as his home, he's since changed it by doing the same on another machine, hence he's no longer linked to yours in any way so you can't play his games.

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
All it is is designating a home console each, that just happens to be a different one to the one you use. Why would MS reset anything??.

Most people would change their home console if they got a new machine..... If MS reset this, then it would revert their home console status to a machine they no longer own, think about it.

To me it sounds like your being tricked. You still have his console set as your home one, hence he can play your games, but even if you did set your console as his home, he's since changed it by doing the same on another machine, hence he's no longer linked to yours in any way so you can't play his games.

Just echoing the above comments. He can change it 3 times per year. Like I said before, he's being a shady mofo.

Thejester31

Novice Member

I know this person I'm sharing with and he told me he was getting a new console in advance of him getting it but I'm starting to understand what everybody is saying but he did delete everything off his last console but I also realize that didn't really matter.

kopchoir

Banned
Just ask for his log in details and turn his home console to your Xbox job done you would then see if its set up correctly. If he says no then it looks like others were correct.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom