Gamescom 2015: "The greatest games lineup in Xbox history"

Na it's about XV mainly. Not 7 ;)
MajorNelson just tweeted a picture of the chatpad and it looks to fit a lot better than the image you posted (which looked official, not blaming you, why they'd let an image like that out there I've no idea)

CLlCf2LWwAECoC3.png

Not a bad conference, not the greatest in the world though.

Looking forward to Homefront as i go past the Dambuster studio in Nottingham on the way into work.

Also agree with what someone said earlier in that i hope they stagger the games releases. Nearly got on top of my games backlog but the past few weeks its getting out of control again. A new year period with several big releases isn't going to help.

Im gonna need a server farm to store all the upcoming titles!

MajorNelson just tweeted a picture of the chatpad and it looks to fit a lot better than the image you posted (which looked official, not blaming you, why they'd let an image like that out there I've no idea)

CLlCf2LWwAECoC3.png

Still not a fan.

Im gonna need a server farm to store all the upcoming titles!

This year and next is certainly packed with exclusives alone and then you have the mulitplats and indie games on top of that. I'm gonna need to stock up on more cheap credit!

That sims4 segment of the EA conference was a pure cringeworthy moment at the end!!!

Still not a fan.
It's not for everyone that's for sure, but it doesn't look as bad as we thought it did yesterday. People that'll pick this up are the ones that had the 360 one, so I'll be getting one. My Elite controller is going to weigh and absolute ton!

I'd rather stick to using my phone tbh. It's always by my side so would prefer a cleaner looking controller.

I'm sure it will be a good addition for some though.

I'd rather stick to using my phone tbh. It's always by my side so would prefer a cleaner looking controller.

I'm sure it will be a good addition for some though.
I quite liked the weight it added to the 360 controller, it just made it a bit more substantial and I used its functionality a lot. With the Elite controller being heavier to start with, having metal parts and all, it might be a bit too heavy with a chatpad as well. Might wait until I've got the Elite in my hands before I decide whether it can take the additional weight.

CLlCf2LWwAECoC3.png

It's got something of a Darth Vader vibe to it

It's got something of a Darth Vader vibe to it
Be great for playing Battlefront with then :D

It's certainly not the most streamlined of things and does turn the controller into a bit of a hulking beast but I quite like it. Not sure about the use of the two programmable buttons as I'll have a fully remapable controller by then, but if you could add a shortcut to take you straight to friends, party chat or messages that'd be useful.

It's certainly not the most streamlined of things and does turn the controller into a bit of a hulking beast but I quite like it. Not sure about the use of the two programmable buttons as I'll have a fully remapable controller by then, but if you could add a shortcut to take you straight to friends, party chat or messages that'd be useful.

I'm not bothered by the look of it to be honest, these devices need to be functional and it appears to be just that. It'll be easy enough to put on and off and it's not going to interfere with your gaming if you play with it fitted.

I'm not bothered by the look of it to be honest, these devices need to be functional and it appears to be just that. It'll be easy enough to put on and off and it's not going to interfere with your gaming if you play with it fitted.

Does seem pointless though when you can use a tablet or phone.....

Does seem pointless though when you can use a tablet or phone.....

Different strokes for different folks. Some people will just prefer it as an input device, it also has the advantage that you don't need to put your controller down to respond to a message.

He mentioned about using the buttons for recording clips etc, so assume you can set most things to them. Expect you could possibly align set comments to them also.

He mentioned about using the buttons for recording clips etc, so assume you can set most things to them. Expect you could possibly align set comments to them also.

"you camping nooooob!!"
"you f*&king bullet sponge"
"bullshit - I f*&king shot you first"

How many can you assign!!

CLlCf2LWwAECoC3.png

I can't tell if that's for the new or old controllers. I haven't seen the bottom of the new ones, I just know they have a 3.5mm jack underneath now, but does the old stuff under there stay on the new ones? So I could theoretically use this on my old controller or do I need to buy a new one? And I assume I have to ditch the headset attachment to use that?

As per the information they announced yesterday it will work with all controllers and has the 3.5 Headphone Jack also.
Sexy! It looks like it even has the same buttons the Headphone adapter has so I don't even have to buy another of those before they quit selling. Defo purchase from me now.

I can't tell if that's for the new or old controllers. I haven't seen the bottom of the new ones, I just know they have a 3.5mm jack underneath now, but does the old stuff under there stay on the new ones? So I could theoretically use this on my old controller or do I need to buy a new one? And I assume I have to ditch the headset attachment to use that?
The new controllers have the 3.5mm jack as well as the proprietary connection that the old controller had, so as Tones says this will work with both (including the Elite I hope). It does indeed have the volume controls of the headset adaptor so it serves both purposes which I quite like. I know you can adjust chat and game volume in software now, but it's just one more thing to take you away from the game, I'd rather have them on the controller in hardware so you can adjust on the fly whilst in-game.

The new controllers have the 3.5mm jack as well as the proprietary connection that the old controller had, so as Tones says this will work with both (including the Elite I hope). It does indeed have the volume controls of the headset adaptor so it serves both purposes which I quite like. I know you can adjust chat and game volume in software now, but it's just one more thing to take you away from the game, I'd rather have them on the controller in hardware so you can adjust on the fly whilst in-game.
Yah, after Tones responded, I saw the headset settings in prime positions on the chatpad. Sold me on it.

CLlCf2LWwAECoC3.png

Didn't they say this pad includes a record button for the DVR?

Didn't they say this pad includes a record button for the DVR?
I think maybe you could configure one of the programmable buttons to do that (one for DVR and one for screenshots). I know they mentioned about game DVR on PC in windows 10 but does anyone know if we'll get that on XB1? I know we can capture limited footage now, but having a full DVR would be great. Battlefield montages here I come :D

Be nice if the chatpad had a screenshot button as right now the function is laughable to use without a MattrickCam 2.0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom