Games you want to see remade

I would sell my soul and never play anything else ever again if they remade Cannon Fodder!

the other game - rebelstar!! this was a masterpiece!!!

I don't think I ever actually played Chaos but I played Rebelstar (and its successor games, like Laser Squad) to death.

If you hadn't already heard, there's a version of UFO:Enemy Unknown (aka XCOM) due next month, which is a modernisation of the original written by Julian Gollop, who also of course created Rebelstar. From the previews, it looks to be pretty faithful to the original, at least in design even if the mechanics look to be a little different.

Id love to see a remake of a few older games. Shadowrun would be nice from the old SNES days! Id also like Square Enix to put out a proper Mana game similar to Secret Of Mana or Secret Densetsu 3.

It would be nice as well if we ever got any of the Mystical Ninja games over this way. I remember back in the old PS2 days one was supposedly being made but it never surfaced.

Other than that, wouldnt mind a Xbox Live version of Spy Vs Spy, that could be a lot of fun

I don't think I ever actually played Chaos but I played Rebelstar (and its successor games, like Laser Squad) to death.

If you hadn't already heard, there's a version of UFO:Enemy Unknown (aka XCOM) due next month, which is a modernisation of the original written by Julian Gollop, who also of course created Rebelstar. From the previews, it looks to be pretty faithful to the original, at least in design even if the mechanics look to be a little different.

well allow me to fill the gap!

Chaos Tournament Game - ZX Spectrum Remake

this is a remake of sorts but stays sorta true to the original. it'd make a great xbox arcade game rather than a full thing.

yeah really lookin forward to ufo unknown - see how they go with it.

head over heels - one of the best games ever made

Stunt car racer was fabulous

Midwinter is a good shout - i was thinking about that whilst reading Games the other day (though midwinter was not in it)

Laser Squad - loved that game. Used to buy a rocket launcher on the first level and destroy the walls of the house. Was it Sterner Regnix or summat you had to kill?

kgb super spy
Treasure Island
Fire Ant
Super R Type
Paper boy

These games bring back good memories, but gamepaly, story/narration, mechanics etc have come such a long way that I'd like them to stay as good memories.

However, saying that has there is huge scope for a pirate/treasure island inspired game.

I would LOVE to see Power Stone either get remade or get the HD treatment for the 360. I probably would never play another game ever again.

I'd also like to see all of the Resident Evils, Klonoa, Final Fantasy X and Bloody Roar get remade for the 360 too. They would be amazing!

iainoco said:
Due Sept 19th in HD with all original songs bar one. Should be good :smashin:

Wahoo.

Just noticed your post. Is it out???

Timesplitters is quite obviously the only option here!

So many stale FPS games flooding the market, Timesplitters really offered something genuinely unique. Amazing (and unique) MP game modes, so many crazy but brilliant characters to choose between, fantastic weapons, great and very varied MP maps.

Then there's the great single player story mode, the 100s of three-tiered Challenge mode levels that unlocked characters, maps and weapons for MP, and that's before we even mention the Map-Maker that allowed you to create MP maps from the ground up!

Such an amazing series of games, and they really do deserve to make a comeback.

Crytek have got the license, but for some ridiculous reason they can't see beyond Crysis (yet another COD-style generic arcade FPS).

If you're interested, there's a Facebook group about bringing back the series, it's well worth a "Like"!

100,000 Strong for Timesplitters 4 | Facebook

A new sequel to Sensible Soccer would be pretty sweet too. I always felt that Sensible Soccer 2006 was a pretty decent game, but it lacked polish.

I'd love to see a proper playable football game that doesn't feel like it's on rails (Pro Evo and FIFA, I'm looking at you). SWOS 360 was okay, but the lack of licenses prevented it from being popular with new players.

Codemasters hold the license to Sensi, but obviously driving games are their only focus nowadays.

Last edited:
I'd love to see remakes of:

Shadowman
Star Wars Racer
Resident Evil 2

Would love to see remakes or updates/semi-sequels to:

Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption
Battlefield 2142
Road Rash
Thunderforce IV (not played a good side scrolling shooter in yonks - any decent ones on XBLA)
Mercs - class based 4 player coop shooter? Yes please.
Stalker
Space Hulk
Delta Force 2 - the map Quadangle from that game is still one of the best FPS maps ever.
Virtua Racing

Chase H.Q.

Anyone remember Simon the Sorcerer?
I'd love to see the first two remade the same way the first two Monkey Islands were.

To this day I still yearn to play the sequel to Another World. In fact who ever got to play it first time round? Did anyone ever own a Sega Mega CD? A remake would be the only way to play it now. However in order to remake the sequel, a remake of the original would be necessary and I'm against that because I revere the original so much. I mean the original has reached legendary status now, has it not?

I haven't played the original games, but I think if Konami remade Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Soild Snake using the MGS 4 engine they'd be quids in. To be able to play as Snake and face off against Big Boss twice in two different games with such eye candy would be awesome!

A remake of Nightmare Creatures would be good too. I think that franchise is ripe for a comeback. If they were able to do it with a similar atmosphere to Dead Space it could be something special.

Mr do!
Bombjack
That's it for me

Five games I'd love to see remade are:
Resident Evil(original PS1 version)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2

Basically, they'd all have a very similar feel to Dead Space and how that game controls and feels.
Obviously a little darker too.
Resi 1 and 2 would be streamlined using the novel adaptations written by S.D. Perry as a basis to sort put story and plothole issues, and would include a system that allows you to play them 2 different ways.
Full version: swapping between the two main characters at certain points and giving the full cinematic experience.
Split version: only play one characters side of the story for a shorter game.

I still have my original copies of all those games I mentioned.
I've even been playing a bit of Resi 2 recently.
Greatest Resident Evil made!
I had the first 3 RE's and the 2 Dino Crisis games until I moved and they got broke as they were in they're own box separate from my xbox 360 games, but couldn't play them anyway as I have no PS2 or PS3.
I would love them to remake the Resident Evil games, although I have to say the Gamecube remake was alright, I liked the addition of Lisa Trevor and a few other things, but despised the fact in REmake you to run around getting petrol to burn the bodies so they didn't turn to crimson head's. So I feel they could do this:

Resident Evil(How can you put this in a list of favourite's as it is a classic the one that started it all, but I would say this goes between first and second place)

Resident Evil 2(Got to be my favourite due to being able to play from Leon's side of the Crash and Claire's side of the crash and then being able to turn it around)

Resident Evil 3(Got to be my third favourite as it just didn't feel as though it was as good as it could have been despite Nemesis, maybe it was due to me liking RE2 so much with the 2 different stories)

Resident Evil:Code Veronica X( Got to be my second favourite, due to all the weird turn's in the story and at that point me thinking Wesker was dead after playing the first, Also don't see why this received so much hate, it's better than RE5 and RE6 combined)

With RE what they could do is add a option when you start to play "Classic Mode or REmake Mode", and in REmake add the ability to turn Crimson head mutation's off, so in sense a difficulty option. With the other 3 if they put some effort in they could also implement a "Classic Mode & REmake Mode", now when I say effort I mean something decent like Lisa Trevor, not the crimson heads, just to add to the story a little bit.

Now I would love to see Dino Crisis 1 & 2 remade as I loved the puzzle's and the concept. Now I do have to say this, what the hell were capcom thinking with Dino Crisis 3, were they on drugs or did they have some sort of mental lapse or break down, what Dino Crisis 3 should have been was continuing straight on from Dino Crisis 2 and finished that cliff hanger of a story, to this day that still bugs me!

Bemused One said:
To this day I still yearn to play the sequel to Another World. In fact who ever got to play it first time round? Did anyone ever own a Sega Mega CD? A remake would be the only way to play it now. However in order to remake the sequel, a remake of the original would be necessary and I'm against that because I revere the original so much. I mean the original has reached legendary status now, has it not?

This, hands down.
I loved that game on the snes, and I remember when I finally completed it after dying and repeating the same sections over and over again!!

Just a brilliant puzzle game for its time that really hasn't been equalled since.

And I would add the original flashback as well.

Just a heads up which I've just found out, the 20th anniversary edition of another world is available to download for iPad, iPhone and android!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom