Games you want to see remade

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will post this in PC as well, so long as there is no rules against it. Wonder if console gamers would like the same classic games as pc gamers.

I am a huge fan of retrogaming, played a fair few of the fan made remakes of games linked from this forum.

What games in your youth did you love and you think would still play now if re-released with modern eye candy.

For me I would like to see

Elite/Privateer (there is the excellent oolite)
stunt car racer
kick off 2
UFO Enemy Unknown*** (result.............. it is coming soon :) )

and I will leave it at that, though am sure there are more

Its a tough one as the industry is so remake/reboot happy these days that most of the ones i would choose have been or being one.

I've wanted a Road Rash remake for quite a while, I thought Burnout Paradise would get round to doing it at some point but it never really got there, GTA 4: Lost and the Damned was pretty much there but it wasn't fleshed out enough, not sure if you could build a whole game around it but its worth a go!

someone in the PC section also mentioned roadrash. As I said there, there was a roadrash remake in the pipeline but that was 5 years ago now (how time flies) so am guessing it must have been cancelled :(

Eve Online would probably scratch the itch for those who remember and revere Elite. Beware though - it's a complete time vampire. I played for a couple of months 7-8 years ago, back when I still gamed on PC, and had to give it up, such was the extent it was taking over my life!

Good call on Stunt Car Racer.

I was pleased to see a reboot is imminent of another of my old ST/Amiga vintage favourites, Carrier Command.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n10386/carrier-command-gaea-mission-soon-to-hit-shores.htm

Mastertronic has now gained the rights to publish Bohemia Interactives new action title Carrier Command: Gaea Mission.

Bohemia Interactive's new title will include some first-person fire-fights, land, air and sea battles that promise to due justice to this resurrected 1988 classic. Here are some new screens to give soldiers a better idea of what to expect.

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission will also feature a free-roam mode that will promise plenty hours of strategic gameplay in which players can set their own game-type parameters, win conditions, starting basis and so forth.

Andy Payne of Mastertronic had this to say in regards to publishing Bohemia Interactives new title:

When I started The Producers in 1988, which is now part of Mastertronic, Carrier Command was one of the first games we worked on for Rainbird, so it feels right that we have secured the rights to this highly anticipated re-imagining follow up, almost a quarter of a century later...Bohemia Interactive are one of the hottest developers in the business at the moment, and we're thrilled to be working with them. Fans of the original will be pleased to know Carrier Command: Gaea Mission retains everything that made it such an inspiration back in 1988. Newcomers to the game will be blown away.

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission will be available on September 28th.

Fingers crossed they don't **** it up!

Last edited:
oooo I will be interested to see carrier command.

(thinking of those classic vector games made me think of another, though may be a bit shallow these days, but midwinter was another game I enjoyed)

I would love it if these were made for the 360.

Medal of Honor Allied Assault
The Bitmap Brothers Z
Command & Conquer Red Alert
Any of the Total War PC games.

just googled Z, I thought I had played all the bitmap bros games but seems I was wrong.

There are a whole load of Speccy games that I played and loved as a teenager. I have resisted the temptation go download an emulator on PC and revisit them for fear that it would completely shatter the illusion of nostalgia.

Gaming mechanics have moved on since then too. I'm not sure that a reboot of something like Jet Set Willy or Sabre Wulf would preserve enough of the original while being current enough to compete for attention with modern games. I'd quite like to see a modern take on something like Lords of Midnight though.

Midwinter is an interesting suggestion, Mike. I too enjoyed that, and played a lot of it. The whole idea of recruiting new characters was quite novel at the time. The gameplay mechanics would need souping up a little, but you could still keep it close enough to the original to mean that it wasn't completely unrelated other than in name. If you went down the route of a Mass Effect-esque story-driven action RPG, I think that would work quite well.

Deus Ex with amazing graphics and AI.

Human Revolution, surely?

Or do you mean a literal remake of the original, with the same plot? I suspect it wouldn't be nearly as much fun replaying it if you already knew the plot twists.

Five games I'd love to see remade are:
Resident Evil(original PS1 version)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2

Basically, they'd all have a very similar feel to Dead Space and how that game controls and feels.
Obviously a little darker too.
Resi 1 and 2 would be streamlined using the novel adaptations written by S.D. Perry as a basis to sort put story and plothole issues, and would include a system that allows you to play them 2 different ways.
Full version: swapping between the two main characters at certain points and giving the full cinematic experience.
Split version: only play one characters side of the story for a shorter game.

Five games I'd love to see remade are:
Resident Evil(original PS1 version)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2

Basically, they'd all have a very similar feel to Dead Space and how that game controls and feels.
Obviously a little darker too.
Resi 1 and 2 would be streamlined using the novel adaptations written by S.D. Perry as a basis to sort put story and plothole issues, and would include a system that allows you to play them 2 different ways.
Full version: swapping between the two main characters at certain points and giving the full cinematic experience.
Split version: only play one characters side of the story for a shorter game.

i loved Dino crisis 2.....

I still have my original copies of all those games I mentioned.
I've even been playing a bit of Resi 2 recently.
Greatest Resident Evil made!

Proper version of Rainbow Six : Raven Shield for the 360/nextgen would be mint. Epic game on PC this was

Try bang bang racing on marketplace its like stunt road racing if my memory serves me well. I loved commandos on the pc I'd spend days on that game back in the day, " yes sir!" theme hospital/ park. shinobi. Chaos engine

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom