Games with Snetterton

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm doing a track day in a few weeks at the Snetterton 300 race track.
I normally practice on a game before hand to learn the track that I'm going on.
Anyone know of any games that have this track on? Prefer PS3 but PC platform would be ok too.
Really need to learn this track as i've never been near it, seen a couple of clips on YouTube but would prefer to try it on a game.

Cheers
Lee

Hi Lee.

I'm pretty certain no PS3 games feature Snetterton. It used to be in the old TOCA games from many years ago that had the BTCC, so you could probably pick up a copy in bargain bin somewhere.

Otherwise there's probably a mod for one of the PC racers like rFactor, iRacing or GTR.

I went to Snetterton many years ago to watch the BTCC as it's not far from where I live. It's a very simple circuit - just a rectangular shape with two long, fast straights which have chicanes both at the same end.

I'm jealous by the way.

Last edited:
The 300 layout is brand new right? How different is it from the standard circuit? Something like rFactor would be your only hope here.

Last edited:
Jamezinho said:
The 300 layout is brand new right? How different is it from the standard circuit? Something like rFactor would be your only hope here.

Thanks mate for you're advise.
Yeah the new 300 layout looks full on, it's now one of the longest tracks in the UK with one of the longest straights and at the end of the straight is a sharp turn. Plus there are some fast corners leading into opposite slow corners which sound like fun.
I've never seen the old track so not sure how it compares.
Looking forward to it especially as my mate has just bought a Lotus Else which looks and sounds awesome, I could beat him in his Impreza WRX STI but i'm thinking the Lotus is going to be more of a challenge.

Thanks mate for you're advise.
Yeah the new 300 layout looks full on, it's now one of the longest tracks in the UK with one of the longest straights and at the end of the straight is a sharp turn. Plus there are some fast corners leading into opposite slow corners which sound like fun.
I've never seen the old track so not sure how it compares.
Looking forward to it especially as my mate has just bought a Lotus Else which looks and sounds awesome, I could beat him in his Impreza WRX STI but i'm thinking the Lotus is going to be more of a challenge.

Wow, sounds brilliant.

I've just looked up the 300 layout. Basically it's a brand new infield section which the circuit never had before:

main-header.jpg

They've redeveloped the old Sear corner (turn 2) and created the entrance to the infield section. Otherwise the rest of the circuit is much the same.

When I went there I sat at the 'bomb hole' in the top right corner.:)

Is there any good pubs near by?
As I'm camping the night before and the night after so would be good to have a nice pint or two.

Yeah can have Snetterton in rFactor has 3 layouts. Not the newest i dont think.

rFactor Central

Seach tracks/permanent circuits

Awesome when you drive local tracks isnt it, Love playing Knockhill on rFactor and GTR2. :)
This was an old vid i done quick to show a mate from work (so not great laps). GTR2 still looks quite nice especially with the day night transition. View HD.

YouTube - ‪Morgan Aero 8 @ Knockhill - GTR 2‬‏

Looked and no snetterton for GTR2 or GT legends or race 07 :mad:

Last edited:
GMC79 said:
Awesome when you drive local tracks isnt it, Love playing Knockhill on rFactor and GTR2. :)
This was an old vid i done quick to show a mate from work (so not great laps). GTR2 still looks quite nice especially with the day night transition. View HD.

YouTube - Morgan Aero 8 @ Knockhill - GTR 2 ?

Looked and no snetterton for GTR2 or GT legends or race 07 :mad:

Looks like pretty good laps to me.
I bought shift 2 mainly for brands-hatch as that's my local track. It's a really good way to learn the track layout before doing it for real. GT on the PSP helped me loads before I went to Nurburgring last year. Gives you a lot more confidence out on track.

Looks like pretty good laps to me.
I bought shift 2 mainly for brands-hatch as that's my local track. It's a really good way to learn the track layout before doing it for real. GT on the PSP helped me loads before I went to Nurburgring last year. Gives you a lot more confidence out on track.

was ok i spose, lightings nice tho. :smashin:
Im downloading snetterton now for rFactor will let u know if anygood soon. Post a screen or two.

Yeah shift 2's brilliant have pc version.

Here's some from Snetterton '05, looks ok. Gotta give that Supra mkIV a go aswell it's class.

rFactor2011-05-3015-47-07-16.jpg

rFactor2011-05-3015-46-11-51.jpg

rFactor2011-05-3015-44-56-95.jpg

rFactor2011-05-3015-57-52-68.jpg

rFactor2011-05-3015-44-45-16.jpg

rFactor2011-05-3015-59-44-45.jpg

rFactor2011-05-3015-57-10-27.jpg

Last edited:
Look great, shame it hasn't got the current layout.
Have you got a focus ST 270 BHP car or something similar you could try out and see what top speed you hit down the longest straight?

Look great, shame it hasn't got the current layout.
Have you got a focus ST 270 BHP car or something similar you could try out and see what top speed you hit down the longest straight?

rfactor does a have a "GT" layout is that at all similar?

SnettertonGT 1.00

I'll have a look at what ive got on rfactor got tons so will find something similar say 270hp and 1300kg?

Had a go of My Mates ST3 on sat was tasty. :)

Last edited:
GMC79 said:
rfactor does a and "GT" layout is that at all similar?

SnettertonGT 1.00

I'll have a look at what ive got on rfactor got tons so will find something similar say 270hp and 1300kg?

Had a go of My Mates ST3 on sat was tasty. :)

Looks similar but not to sure as I don't know much about the track yet.
270 BHP or just over and maybe 1400kg should be a good to try.
Mines the ST3 also, has your mate remapped his, if he hasn't I recommend it as it brings the car alive.

Looks similar but not to sure as I don't know much about the track yet.
270 BHP or just over and maybe 1400kg should be a good to try.
Mines the ST3 also, has your mate remapped his, if he hasn't I recommend it as it brings the car alive.

Cool will have a look will post back soon.

Na he hasnt did say about it but may have to get rid of it due to work so didnt bother.

EDIT

That supra seems about the closest at 291bhp & 1484kg so about right and can manage about 135mph before braking.
Gonna have to get wheel out for a proper go :D

Last edited:
ENVIOUS.

I am taking an Atom out on friday and i can't wait.
Its just round the Pro Drive circuit in Warwickshire.

Tried to find it all on R Factor but could only find Atoms and nothing like the circuit.
The my Gaming PC died before i could give it a blast for propper with My Fanatec & real feel plugin.

GT5 doesn't have the Atom which is a real shame as i think they missed a trick there.

Where you find an Atom for rFactor? Link please :)

Lee im gonna get wheel out and have a go with supra properly if manage a ok lap will post a vid to get you in the mood :D

GMC79 said:
Where you find an Atom for rFactor? Link please :)

Lee im gonna get wheel out and have a go with supra properly if manage a ok lap will post a vid to get you in the mood :D

Nice one, thanks mate.

135mph, I'm going to **** myself be time i get to the corner. Lol
I've done 155 down the Autobahn but I didn't have to slam the breaks on for a sharp corner at the end of it.

Is there any good pubs near by?
As I'm camping the night before and the night after so would be good to have a nice pint or two.

Haven't got a clue Lee. Snetterton is a village out in the sticks. The nearest (small) towns are Thetford and Attleborough, about 10 minutes up the road in either direction. They may be a bit 'local' though.:laugh:

Norwich is about 30 minutes away if you want a good night out.

Nice one, thanks mate.

135mph, I'm going to **** myself be time i get to the corner. Lol
I've done 155 down the Autobahn but I didn't have to slam the breaks on for a sharp corner at the end of it.

at least it not RWD ive crashed this supra many times under braking there so far :laugh:
Just sorting FFB and getting used to it, will try and get a half decent video up later, if stop crashing lol

GMC79 said:
at least it not RWD ive crashed this supra many times under braking there so far :laugh:
Just sorting FFB and getting used to it, will try and get a half decent video up later, if stop crashing lol

My mates Lotus is RWD, his going from a 4WD STI too so I think his going to struggle.
I can get 115 to 120 MPH on the Brands Hatch straight but you can take the first corner at about 80 MPH so don't need such heavy breaking.
Getting really excited now, roll on 22nd June.

Jamezinho said:
Haven't got a clue Lee. Snetterton is a village out in the sticks. The nearest (small) towns are Thetford and Attleborough, about 10 minutes up the road in either direction. They may be a bit 'local' though.:laugh:

Norwich is about 30 minutes away if you want a good night out.

Thanks mate, I'm sure I'll find somewhere.
Probably shouldn't have to big a night out though as i don't really fancy hammering round Snetterton with a hangover. Lol

sirlisterofsmeg said:
ENVIOUS.

I am taking an Atom out on friday and i can't wait.
Its just round the Pro Drive circuit in Warwickshire.

Tried to find it all on R Factor but could only find Atoms and nothing like the circuit.
The my Gaming PC died before i could give it a blast for propper with My Fanatec & real feel plugin.

GT5 doesn't have the Atom which is a real shame as i think they missed a trick there.

Have fun, sounds like a laugh.
Does help lots playing on a game first.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom