1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Binternet, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Binternet

Binternet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi guys, wondering if you could help. Im looking for an LCD for my bedroom, so its gotta be pretty small <20 inch ish, for playing games on (not PC, console only). I am concerned about the smearing on the cheaper models so i guess i need one with small response time, if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks.

2. Digitised

Digitised

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i doubt any lcd under 30'' is suitable for gaming, the responce rates have never been good enough on a tv that size, they just dont bother on screens that small.

The only lcds worth playing games on are the latest generation costing £3000+

3. Skiny

Skiny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess CRT would be best for gaming. If you really want an LCD, just make sure it has a quick response time - 16ms maximum.

4. alfie786

alfie786
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I can safely say that toshiba 32wl48 has no probs with this played my xbox with it no problemo!! Have to try my ps2. This connection that i did try was with only a video composite connection (yellow phono lead) lol. I will try svideo and then component.

Only thing i hated was that i see piixelation compared to crt! not so nice viewing but may be that's becasue i was only 4 feet away playing Halo deux ehmm. lol :D

this screen is supposedlky nder 14ms and faster

5. EpsomJames

EpsomJames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    There are planty of PC TFT LCDs with response rates 16ms and under. I don't think many LCD TVs are that quick though, apart from maybe the new Panasonic LCD TVs when they come out.

Personally I wouldn't bother with an LCD TV for playing console games, because it will just highlight the low-rent graphics that you get on todays consoles. ;)

6. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    I have a pal NTSC and GC hooked up via RGB to my 26" Toshiba lcd WL46 (quoted at 16ms response time) and both look fantastic. Especially the XBox with it's 16:9 mode switched on. And none of the nasty picture distortions that even good crt sets suffer from. Still, for price, crt sets can't be beat.