Games to Blow Your (Console) Socks Off?

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
i was dubious about a 2 screen console on a pc game however it works rather well... or seems to at any rate.
i just realised links awakening has been remade for the switch.

so that is another one my lad will probably like before moving onto the modern AAA titles.

Last edited:

ArmitageShanks

VR is for you then mate!
And indeed that is exactly why I got back into PC gaming and built a mega-rig :D Similarly why the only console I've ever bought is the Wii.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
I just saw this

Not gonna lie these new consoles have seriously raised the bar

This has to be the most photorealistic game I have ever seen (aside from obvious control pad controls.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
I just saw this

Not gonna lie these new consoles have seriously raised the bar

This has to be the most photorealistic game I have ever seen (aside from obvious control pad controls.

Imagine how good it would look with a 3090 and proper ray tracing😀

Nomad1

Standard Member
Imagine how good it would look with a 3090 and proper ray tracing😀

I am new here so hello all.

I am interested with your answer, would this game be on PC? If it is not on PC , then why?

Because MikeKay1976 says consoles have raised the bar, but if they are not releasing it on PC then it is not rasing the bar, more like restricting the competition in my opinnion.

Nomad1

Standard Member
truth be told i bought my 3090 primarily for ray tracing..... i bought a bunch of rtx enabled games........... and yet other than quake 2 rtx i still have never seen a game with ray tracing on my pc!...... dont get me wrong, i have no regrets, it is great on all the other games i have played, and its almost fully covered ittself mining (if bitcoin can get back to 45k it will have covered its costs by the middle of october) .. its not that i dont want it, it is just that the games with ray tracing on i have other games to finish 1st. (just over halfway through metro 2033 redux then have last light to play before exodus for instance)

With Ray Tracing, I believe Resident Evil Village uses Ray Tracing and a few older games might use it.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
I am new here so hello all.

I am interested with your answer, would this game be on PC? If it is not on PC , then why?

Because MikeKay1976 says consoles have raised the bar, but if they are not releasing it on PC then it is not rasing the bar, more like restricting the competition in my opinnion.
Consoles HAVE raised the bar.... Or will do anyway because once developers stop having to support obsolete hardware from 2013 then I think it will in turn mean pc ports of games will not be held back as much.
I don't like console exclusives esp now as I am not planning on buying one and wish all games came to pc... But so long as the games are funded fully by Sony and are proprietary IP rather than Sony paying for a multiformat to go PS5 only then I can live with it I suppose.
A lot of previously exclusive console IP is coming to pc now. Pretty much all Xbox titles do and a lot of Sony ones too.

I actually own a few raytracing games... Just no time to play them :(

Last edited:

Nomad1

Standard Member
Consoles HAVE raised the bar.... Or will do anyway because once developers stop having to support obsolete hardware from 2013 then I think it will in turn mean pc ports of games will not be held back as much.
I don't like console exclusives esp now as I am not planning on buying one and wish all games came to pc... But so long as the games are funded fully by Sony and are proprietary IP rather than Sony paying for a multiformat to go PS5 only then I can live with it I suppose.
A lot of previously exclusive console IP is coming to pc now. Pretty much all Xbox titles do and a lot of Sony ones too.

I actually own a few raytracing games... Just no time to play them :(

Okay, so all XBOX games come to PC. But PlayStation 5 are the company doing exclusives then, with PSVR and PS5 games not coming to PC? Will Sony be releasing all their exclusives to PC or is it worth just buying a PS5

Last edited:

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
i double all ps5 exclusives will come to pc, but i hope some do......... eventually.

heavy rain, detroit horizon ZD, god of war made it, uncharted is apparently coming.

if you want them close to release however then you will need the console, its not like the xbox, where games come simultaniously.

Nomad1

Standard Member
i double all ps5 exclusives will come to pc, but i hope some do......... eventually.

heavy rain, detroit horizon ZD, god of war made it, uncharted is apparently coming.

if you want them close to release however then you will need the console, its not like the xbox, where games come simultaniously.

I feel that's the PS5s selling point. They make a few games only for the console.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom