Games that you always found boring?

I know I’m in the minority, but I find racing games boring. Along with RTS games, any simulator, 2D fighters, survival games and sports games.

I know I’m in the minority, but I find racing games boring. Along with RTS games, any simulator, 2D fighters, survival games and sports games.
Anything involving racing or doing something ina time limit has me rolling my eyes. Especially in a game that doesnt have it as a main feature.

Not a specific game or genre as such, but the idea of 'achievements'.

Collecting virtual trophies/awards isn't something that I've ever been interested in.

The exception, of course, is if collecting stuff is the point of the game.

Collecting virtual trophies/awards isn't something that I've ever been interested in.

The idea of 100% a game does absolutely nothing for me. Once I'm done, I'll tidy up (sometimes) but otherwise cba looking for everything

Diablo AKA Drablo. 😜

For me this depends on console. Gaming on the Xbox I’m not fussed about achieving 100% in a game, but if the game is on PS then I want to get that platinum trophy. I know they are both virtual awards, but there’s something about obtaining that platinum trophy that’s so compelling.

Platfrom games ever since coming across them on zx.

Weird coincide above, they are that repetitive.

Animal crossing, tried it on 3ds and switch, just don't see the point!
Pokemon, I must be just old, find it boring too!

Boring Board games?
Scrabble.
“oh look our holiday cabin has some board games, there’s scrabble, common let’s have a go”

45 minutes later
“oh dear god what were we thinking, NEVER AGAIN!”

🥱

Tic-Tac-Toe.

1631379037277.png

Competative shooters.

Because the game industry works we tend to end up drowning in the same type of game so playing them becomes really dull. At the moment you can't move for looter shooters, open world grind-a-thons and card based roguelikes.

Titles that were previously great fun have all the enjoyment sucked out of them through sheer repetitiveness. For example Far Cry 3 was fantastic, but by the time they got to far cry 5 and had released the same game multiple times it was just sooooo boring.

Any RPG

Assassins creed farcry basically the Ubisoft formula of more is better clear icons off a map unfortunately they sell so alot of open world games now days copy the same formula

The Silent Hill game where you play this mojo called Alex (2008's Homecoming on the Xbox 360 and the PS3). God strewth. I absolutely 100% dislike the part in the hotel, where you have to fight these giant cricket things, or whatever the hell they are. This game didn't have too bad of a story, but what really bothers me is the atrocious gameplay in general.

The combat is incredibly awful and difficult in the whole game. Then later on, you have to battle a giant doll called Scarlet. To kill it, you need to dismantle parts of the body by hacking away at the porcelain that's protecting the areas where it is pervious to damage. Yet it jumps up to the ceiling too much. Shooting things is hard too, because the game makes you feel rather weak. So the guns feel like ass.

Anything where you spend more time staring at stats charts and navigating an expansions tree or crafting interface than playing the game. An example of a complex set of features done masterfully so that you can concentrate on the game itself has got be Breath of The Wild and in fairness most Zelda games have always had a very stripped and lean interface where you can concentrate on the gameplay immersion.

If it was up to me I would have them disabled completely from the system, best I can do is disable the notifications so they don’t interrupt my gaming. I’ve had to turn the notifications back on for Xbox in recent years, achievements add up to reward points on Xbox so I don’t mind them popping up when I know they’re paying for my new controller or game pass subscription.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom