Games that only you seem to like?

Spangleton SpingleSpangle

Does anyone else have a go-to game which they really like, but everyone else seems either ambivalent or indeed hostile towards?

My example would be Call of Duty: Black Ops III (2015), more specifically the campaign mode. At first I deplored it, because I hadn't a clue what was actually happening. It seemed a massive step down in quality after the first two instalments. But upon researching the plot, one realises just how fascinating (and delightfully complex) it actually is, making for a thoroughly enjoyable gaming experience. I've replayed it countless times in the years since.

To some extent, I would say the same of it's follow up, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (2016). Yes, that's the one in space. Although it doesn't feel remotely like a Call of Duty game, personally I really enjoyed it. But it was widely derided upon it's reveal, and was not particularly well received on it's release.

Anyone else have a favourite, or favourites, that everyone else sneers at?

navarro67

Mad Max [2015] - seem to recall mixed reviews at best, arrived off the back of the Charlize/Hardy reboot - but really loved this game. Loved the setting, the build your own post apocalytic car, decent and familiar Batman-esque game mechanics, even enjoyed the story. Wish it had gotten enough traction to garner a few sequels and develop/grow a little more, but alas it had no love

StvD

The original GTA on the PS1. I absolutely loved being able to go wherever and just take it at your own pace. Nobody I showed it too was particularly impressed by it.

VastGirth

I quite liked Duke Nukem Forever and Alien Colonial Marine. They weren't classics but enjoyable enough.

WMD

I actually like Harry Potter on the PS1. Even though I'm not a fan of the series, I really liked the first game. It had this very dark atmosphere and these little charming puzzles.

T1berious

Gosh, where do I start?

I'm still playing Supreme Commander Forged Alliance. I was playing Black Ops II online up till last year, same with BO 3.

DoW III would have to be the one I like the most but seems to get the least love.

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
Mad Max [2015] - seem to recall mixed reviews at best, arrived off the back of the Charlize/Hardy reboot - but really loved this game. Loved the setting, the build your own post apocalytic car, decent and familiar Batman-esque game mechanics, even enjoyed the story. Wish it had gotten enough traction to garner a few sequels and develop/grow a little more, but alas it had no love

Mad Max is great, it’s got plenty of fans, I’m playing through it now on Series X in 120hz mode.

Caljo

PS3: Eye of Judgment.

zircon3035

I'm still into UT2004. I know there have been newer versions but I like the 'classic'. I'm frequently on the LDG server as Suicide_Squid. Previously I was into Descent 3 but it's become difficult to play on modern PCs.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom