Games So Good You Have Played Them More Than Once.

Garrett

Reaction score
What games have you enjoyed so much you have played them more than once From start to finish. I. not on about games that you play like in the arcade or games where it understood you will play them more than once, like Civilisation, Diablo etc but more of the linear games that has a story from start to finish.

Here are some of mine.

Dungeon Keeper 2: playing at present and am above halfway through.
Thief, The Dark Project: (played on easy then expert and saw new quest, started on expert again but lost my saves for some reason (on an other HD I hope) but will go back to it).
Thief II The Iron Age: as above played on easy and expert, do not think expert opened up new territory though. Both this and the first one I enjoyed more the second time.
Deus Ex: Well not really I but it probably the next game to get played.
Baldurs Gate I played though it but I was not totally happy with the selection of characters or distribution of skill point.

Wizardy 8 .. still playing 2+ years on :blush:
BG1
BG2
IWD
M&M6

You get the idea of the genre I like. ;)

Okay, there has been a few.

Planescape Torment - The best story in a game ever (in my opinion, though). Play it twice and you understand all the cross linking the story has.
Deus Ex - Because I was sure there was an easier way to do it, and my biomods were a bit poor with hindsight.
Baldurs gate 2 You can't do everything in this game without playing it at least twice
Max Payne 1 and 2 - Very Cinematic and plain fun.
Half Life - A very good game
Duke Nukem 3d
Red Alert 2 - Funny and a whole lot better than Generals.
Giants Citizen Kabuto - Belly laugh funny and a very daring game.

There are probably more, but I can't think of them. One game that I really wish I had finished is Eternal Darkness on the GameCube. I like HP Lovecraft stories, but for some reason, I couldn't get into this game.

Russell

Solitaire :rolleyes:

Anything Mega Man
Plenty of the games supported by MAME.
A lot of different titles made by capcom also(besides mega man, mainly the fighters).
Mortal Kombat(classic ones)
Cutsy puzzle games
Crazy-action airplane shooters(absurd amount of fireballs, explosions, etc.)

Quite a few of these I can clear pretty quickly. Most of the time when I play them, I don't beat them though, I just screw around for a little bit.

Doom II
HM&M II+III
Civ 2 + 3
Alpha Centauri
Command & Conquer
Mechcommander
Mechwarrior Merc : 2 + 4
Half Life
Diablo
Warcraft 2
Homeworld

Quite a few others I have blasted up from time to time.....

One of the games I have played through the most is either FF Tactics on PS or Battle Ogre on GBA. Tactics games have to be my favourite strategy genre of all time :)

Super Mario Land on the gameboy...

Must have completed this at least a dozen times, I got so good that I could complete it without loosing a life and having 30-40 life's spare.

I wish I could be as good at any other game as I was at that one :zonked:

Regards,
Iain.

i must have played FF XII at least 4 times through.

Originally posted by russraff
What does HM&M II+III mean?

Russell

Heroes of Might and Magic versions 2 and 3.

But only knew because I have played 3 and 4.

:mad: Looks like I will have to play Dungeon Keeper more than twice I got ¾ of the way through and one of the levels has a wrong timer countdown, loaded a patch and the old game saves will not work with the new patch, Grrrr.

Originally posted by Garrett
Heroes of Might and Magic versions 2 and 3.

But only knew because I have played 3 and 4.
I loved 3 and completed it 3 times IIRC .. tried to like 4, wanted to like 4 but somehow it never grabbed me like 3. HOMM taught me I liked turn-based strategy games, I don't like real-time, my old brain can't keep up. :D

I played all of these through to completion numerous times (normally when low on money so can't afford a new game or upgrade needed for next game) :
Doom I & II
Duke Nukem 3D
Quake (wasn't to thrilled with Quake 2)
Half Life
Half Life Oposing Forces
Black & White (good, evil, mixed)
GTA 1
GTA 3
GTA VC
I-War2
C&C Red Alert
C&C Tiberium Sun
Deus Ex
AvP (all three sides)
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars: X-Wing
Star Wars: Tie Fighter (when it came out, sooo so loved this)
Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
In fact, there's been so many great games over the years that have warranted numerous plays.
The only one's I'd re-play now are B&W, GTA VC.... kinda bored of the rest.
I'm not even going to start on non-pc games (including emulators).

Some PC games I still love to play that haven't been mentioned are:

X-Com : Apocalypse
System Shock 2, which IMHO is the scariest game, bar none.
Jagged Alliance 2 & Unfinshed Business

Originally posted by KraGorn
I loved 3 and completed it 3 times IIRC .. tried to like 4, wanted to like 4 but somehow it never grabbed me like 3. HOMM taught me I liked turn-based strategy games, I don't like real-time, my old brain can't keep up. :D

I wasn’t too impressed with the 4th one until I more or less got hallway into the campaign. The I love the new combat feature.

Have been playing Transport Tycoon deluxe for years as stress relief. Something about the creation of a merciless, money grabbing mass transport system appeals every time.

All of the C&C games
Total Annihilation (the daddy of them all)
Sim City 3000

Dune , the original Westwwod studios game.
MM 3,4 ....Clouds of Xeen ... memories.
FF7 .... took ages and retries but managed to get my Black Chocobo :)
X-wing and Tie fighter

I must try out Might and Magic, if you's lot have played it so often. I have been waiting for a good RPG for a while after Neverwinter nights was such a disappointment.

Russell

Heroes of Might and Magic. Is more of a strategy game i.e. build buildings, find resources, buy heroes and you can bump the stats of the heroes up.

You get 3 main screens in the game:
1 your castle where you manage buildings and creature growth.
2 an over view(map like) of the kingdom which you travel around on by horse.
3 combat screen when you meet an enemy and have a turn based combat which is turn based but in 3D.

In the Campaign game you build a hero up over 5-8 sets, but when the set is over you get an other game set with a new hero.
Some pictures here.:

http://www.insidemacgames.com/previews/view.php?ID=71&Page=3

http://www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/games/previews/popup/21942-13.html

I think HM&M2 is excellent.

I've played through these a few times:
* Monkey Island 1, 2 & 3 (might go back to these tonight actually :) )
* Day of the Tentacle
* Full Throttle (it had Mark Hamill in it, how could it not be good?!)
* The Dig

I like my point and click adventures - especially Monkey Island :rotfl:

BTW, I'm selling these fine leather jackets...

Originally posted by russraff
I must try out Might and Magic Russell

I could not get into Heroes of MM at all and the original games are very dated now though i have the Xeen series on my laptop.
Another classic i played to death was the Bards Tale series.

Panic

Originally posted by General Panic
I could not get into Heroes of MM at all and the original games are very dated now though i have the Xeen series on my laptop.
Another classic i played to death was the Bards Tale series.

Panic

I picked it up and never even read the instructions. My mate (I hope he doesn’t mind me mentioning it but) he got it and read them and still I showed him some moves. He enjoyed so much I hardly ever saw him for a week.

The only games I thought worthy of a replay were:-

Deus Ex
Thief
Thief2

I have just finished deus Ex2 and will probably play it through again also. This time I'll play it gung ho as last time I tried playing through the whole game without killing anyone. Did quite well on that right up until the last few levels but it just got too hard and time consuming lol:)

I've also played the usual RPG suspects from the start on a few occasions but I'm thinking that doesn't count since I didn't complete in every case:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom