• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Games room Ceiling speaker advice

easyrider

kef2copy.jpg

Forgive the crudity of my design:blush:

kef.jpg

I dont want any visable speakers in this room but I want at least 5.1...I was thinking of placing some Kef ci160.2Qs on either side of the apex in the room..Its single floor standard ceiling level room length is approx 7.7M width 5M

Thoughts?

Last edited:

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Ceiling speakers are OK as rears but not IMHO good for fronts.
If you want hidden speakers I would look at in wall or on wall speakers for the fronts.

easyrider

Ceiling speakers are OK as rears but not IMHO good for fronts.
If you want hidden speakers I would look at in wall or on wall speakers for the fronts.

This would be an issue as the front wall is about to be platerboared with dot and dab so there will be no clearence behind for in wall speakers.

I liked the idea of the out of the way

Last edited:

PSM1

Distinguished Member
How about the Kef T series instead?
In my view ceiling speakers are not directional enough to use as fronts and can mean the sound is disassociated from the screen.

AV COM

AVForums Sponsor
I agree with PSM, in-ceiling fronts are to be avoided if at all possible. If it's your only option then maybe consider some of the brands which offer units where the driver is angled inside instead of straight down. See this Proficient C660 as an example.

easyrider

I have decided to go for inwall speakers on the front wall. The monitor audio Monitor Audio W280LCR...

I dont want anything else on the wall apart fromt ehs peakers and TV....I thnk I will change the plan for the plugs and have the equipment on a side wall in a cabinet hidden away.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom