1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

games on rear projection???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nero041001, Sep 10, 2003.

1. nero041001

nero041001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may be just plain stupid but I havent managed to find hardly any mention of this on this forum.....I am buying the toshiba 42pw23p rp tv and would like to know about how safe it would be to play console games on the set i am fed up of waiting for an answer from toshiba themselves and all the staff in the shops i go into say different things so i would like you (if you own one) to answer these questions if possible please

1.Can you play a games console on a rp tv safely?

2.If so how, anything to do with settings of the set?

3.How long would i be able to play a console for? (as i play for up to 8 hrs a day at a time sometimes more)

Any further help and advice is much appreciated on this matter apart from projectors I dont trust them through my own expierence i definatly want a rp tv.

thank you for your time.

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's to my understanding that you can't use the 'shoot em up' gun accessories etc with an RPTV due to Phosphor Screen burn effects or something???

Apart from that I think it should be okay

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Yes, but I don't think you can use light guns.

No special settings. Use RGB SCART or component leads for the best PQ and best to turn contrast down a bit to prevent 'image burn'.

Tough one.
    I have played the same game on mine (Tosh 40WH08B RP) for several hours and haven't had any problems. When my nephews come round in the school hols they play FIFA 2003 all day with no probs.

Just be sensible is the only advice I can give.

It's not just games, it's any static image that could cause image burn on your TV like channel logos, menus etc.

But i've had my TV for a year and a half and my xbox nearly a year and it's fine.

4. nero041001

nero041001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So it should be safe playing avg:6-8 hrs at a time before turning off and with the contrst turned down there is less risk of screen burn

...would i get screen burn though if i played the same game for that amount of time though say if it was gran turismo or some other kind of racing......

or fighting game with the static image on it as with a fighting game the energy bars will be there for one fight for example about 3-4mins tops then dissapear for a minute or so while loading another fight then come back would that make any difference?

or same sort of thing with gran turismo....ssx tricky (which is rather bright in the bar compartment but i think you can switch them off on tricky) and how about games like halo and medal of honour?

and halos splitscreen multiplayer which me and my mates get stuck into for a whole afternoon sometimes

cos on avg id be using it for games at least 6-8 hrs a day/evening probally having an hour or so break in between to watch a film

Im sorry to bother you all with all these questions and concerns im sure youve heard them all before over and over.lol but i just dont want to spend all my bread on somthing i wont be able to use for movies and games

I dont get out much you see i dont want the bother with a projector cos id have to put it all away all the time as i have a 2 year old daughter who is very interested in it.lol so im going for the 42pw23p instead

I like to play games as much as watch movies if not more so i dont want to have the worry of destroying the screen as soon as i get it please keep the info coming so i can make my decision as to weather to get one or not but bear in mind i play games just as much if not more than moviesso the turning the contrast down if it works im happy if anyone else has this set or a rp of some sort please advise with everyone else

all advise is greatly apreciated thank you very much