1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games on DD5.1

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by bunbenho, Feb 6, 2002.

1. bunbenho

bunbenho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anybody know which games come with Doby Digital 5.1, well the only one i know is the long awaiting Metal Gear Solid!!!!!

And it is out on 8th of March!

Enjoy:p

2. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    Metal Gear is the same as Bouncer I'm afraid. Only some cut scenes and I think the intro are 5.1 The rest is surround..

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking into this a bit. I've always been a bit disappointed that games don't use 5.1. Here's what I've found out from the various magazines I've read recently.

PS2. This has a 5.1 decoder for DVD play back and FMV sequences...which are essentially DVD clips. It does not have the ability to generate a real time 5.1 track (i.e. 5.1 during games).

XBOX has a decoder for DVD playback and can also generate a 5.1 track during games.

The GAMECUBE only has sterio.

That's the main reason I'm thinking of getting a XBOX.

4. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,017
    PS2 can do DTS in software, but its not free, so other areas may be affected.

Gamecube can do prologic II encoding which, with the proper decoder, can provide similar 5.1 sound via stereo outputs. Problem is not many people have prologic II compatible decoders.

XBox can do DD5.1 with almost no overhead.