Games like Fallout

Cameron583

Witcher 3 and Skyrim would be the two standout games for me which offer the same depth to the game.

Booker DeWITT

Just to clarify, when you say Fallout, you mean like Fallout 3 and 4, and not Fallout 1 and 2 which were more turn based games?

You could check out The Sinking City, I got Fallout vibes from that game.

razy60

Looking to get a gaming pc,I loved the fallout games on my previous pc. Are there any newer games of similar storylines.
Subnautica and subnautica sub zero spring to mind.

next010

Distinguished Member
If looking for classic Fallout 1/2 on steroids there is Underrail which combined with its expansions is a lot of content.

There is also the Wasteland series which was revived a while back and and 2/3 are modern games, the original is very old school but was the inspiration for Fallout 1.

Another new Fallout 1 like game is ATOM RPG on Steam.

Fallout 1.5 Resurrection is a fan made game set between 1/2.

There are fan made campaigns for Fallout 3/nv/4 like this.

Fallout 3/4 onwards style games cost lots of money and target consoles, not many have the resources to make that happen.

Spiderpig

Distinguished Member
Dying Light 2 is somewhat similar as well. Well, sort of in between Fallout and Far Cry.

iqoniq

Sorry if I'm a bit late to the party, but if you're playing on PC, especially with the Steam versions*, have you checked out Nexus Mods? There's a ton of free mods on there for Fallout 3, NV and 4, as well as Skyrim (and the TES games from Morrowind upwards). Some of the content is very well produced (voice actors the lot), DLC sized, and in some cases better than the official game quests and DLC. Some of the mods also allow you to build upon them in various ways, even after you've followed the main questlines (there's one mod that creates an infinite amount of missions for you, although they tend to be go here and kill people).

* If you're playing the Microsoft Game Pass versions and like them I'd recommend getting them on Steam (they're on sale quite frequently). The reason is because of a piece of software called Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE) or SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender). It allows us modders to do some stuff that wasn't included in the original scripting language, and it will not work with the XBox version. Most of the advanced mods require the script extender and will refuse to work without it (usually CTD). The Steam version also runs better on my machines, even with a shedload of mods (one of my installs has around 600 mods installed courtesy of merging, converting them to light masters, and other tricks), but your mileage may vary.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom