games from £5 morrisons instore

JabbaHD

Prominent Member
Reaction score
spotted this post on HUKD

managed to pop into the peckham store and couldnt see them but was told that the delivery was due this week and that it was nationwide. Poping to my local store tomorrow morning

If anyone could pick me up a Mortal Kombat and Medal of Honor Limited Edition (both PS3) then I would be most grateful - currently in deepest darkest Scotland over Christmas and nae Morrisons up here! :lease:

Postage to home-sweet-home Essex would obviously paid on top :smashin:

Last edited:
Going to try my local today, but I haven't got too many high hopes as the entertainment there is a bit naff. Really would like Castlevania on the 360.

If anyone could grab a copy of Portal 2 I'd be more than willing to pay postage costs.

Haven't got a Morrisons anywhere near me unfortunately.

any idea of the list of games they have?

golden phoenix said:
any idea of the list of games they have?

It varies from store to store, and there is a list or two over on HUKD - Best to nip into your local store if I'm honest.

Popped into my local Morrisons this morning, and they were only just putting out the sale stock - which is where these deals are, not with the main chart stuff. The guy let me have a look at the boxes he had but said the games weren't arriving until later in the day.

So I went and nabbed the last £39.99 Portal 2 from the chart section as I figured the prices were all centralised, and low and behold it scanned at £7:thumbsup:

The checkout lady looked a touch confused, then just said 'well done', and off I went.

Just come back from Morrisons, Bishop Auckland where they had a very poor selection. I guess the stock hadnt arrived yet and might chance going back again tonight.

Ok went back a second time and found the 'sale aisle', basically a large cardboard stand in the furthest corner of the shop away from the entertainment aisle. It was a complete waste of time with hardly any games left. I couldnt be bothered asking if more stock was due and ive already made 2 trips so 'nuts' to a third one.

Last edited:
Half of the stock wasn't marked down at my local, and all scanned through at full price, with the exception of Socom which I happily picked up for £7 :)

theshabster said:
Half of the stock wasn't marked down at my local, and all scanned through at full price, with the exception of Socom which I happily picked up for £7 :)

It might have helped if I'd have found the SALE isle!

We now have Socom, Modnation Racers, Kung Fu Rider and Mystery Stories (DS) for a grand total of £22. Can't argue at an average of £5.50 per game :)

visited two store today, cralwey doesnt have any and doesnt think it will receive some, Reigate has a good selection of PS3 titles but no xbox360 games. same as other posts its with the sale stuff and not always near entertainment.

Last edited:
Went to a local today and poor selection of PS3 titles. No ME 2 :( Did pick up PES 2011 for a fiver but not sure if I am even bothered by it :rolleyes:

Large selection of 360 titles inc MOH LE, Portal 2 and Shift 2 though

I really wanted MOH on the PS3, but I'm guessing that this will be a rather popular title at such a low price.

The missus isn't complaining, as I've already got BF3 and Socom over the festive period, and she hates "army games" :)

time i got there it was mostly gone......got the house of overkill for the wii for a fiver.....should keep my 2 girls occupied for a while ;)

Went to my local Morrisons and they only had PS3 games. Killzone 3 for £7 and Mass Effect 2 for £5 to name a few.

If anyone manages to find a spare MOH or Lego Pirates and wouldn't mind picking them up for me, I'll happily cover postage costs.

Thank you kindly :)

Morrison's Congleton (Cheshire) had a couple of the title in the list from hotdeals, but these scanned at normal prices. I noticed that a photo of an example bar code was specific to the sale (on the ukhotdeals site), so may explain why it scanned at the old price, if the new barcode sticker had not been stuck on.

I did ask if there was anyway they could check the price. but he wouldn't be drawn into the discussion and just said that prices are set centrally, and if it scans at a price, then that's the price.

I noticed the same in my local this morning. Not all games shown on HDUK had been labelled with sale stickers, so maybe some stores are gradually reducing them?

When i went into my local store (chingford) the isle where the games were suppose to be was empty so i went round to the game section and most of the games from the list were there but at normal prices, I took 2 to the self service bit and they scanned through at a fiver:) there was no special barcode sticker just the standard original one. I asked the girl why they wasnt in the sale section and advertised at the discounted price and she said they have just been to busy so i guess its a little hit and miss!

If anyone could snag me a copy of Pilotwings for the 3ds, (£7), I will of course cover all postage costs and be eternally grateful, as would my little boy.

Many thanks in advance, : )

(I know this price to be true as I had a copy in my hands today, paid for it but when I tried to collect the cart, it couldn't be found, no stock any where close to me so I throw myself on your mercy)

Last edited:
Went this afternoon to my local store. And they had games like Crysis 2 and Mafia 2 for just £5 or £7, which are great deals. But I couldn't find Portal 2 on the Xbox which was the only one I was interested in.

Do you think if I go in tomorrow morning they will have had a delivery and there will be a decent chance they might have it then?

could any one pick me up bulletstorm, castlevania and space marine for the 360, i will pay all postage costs,
unfortunately northern ireland has no branches of morrisons :)

Popped into my local Morrisons this morning, and they were only just putting out the sale stock - which is where these deals are, not with the main chart stuff. The guy let me have a look at the boxes he had but said the games weren't arriving until later in the day.

So I went and nabbed the last £39.99 Portal 2 from the chart section as I figured the prices were all centralised, and low and behold it scanned at £7:thumbsup:

The checkout lady looked a touch confused, then just said 'well done', and off I went.

Nice One:smashin:

Went to two Morrisons stores today and no luck in either. Poor selections, very few good games in the deal and still no Portal 2 at all. Not even in Game or Game-station.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom