• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Games for windows?

Tufty McTavish

Do games for windows play on your xbox? just someone on my friendlist has gears of war and gears of war windows:confused:

No. They are entirely incompatible. These are two separate titles, with two sets of Achievements and GamerScore. More or less the same game (extra stuff in the GfW/PC edition), one for each platform.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
As Tufty McTavish says the two versions of Gears Of War are entirely seperate - if you look at my account you will see I have both GOW versions listed. Cross platform elements are starting to appear though. The Kane & Lynch achievements on my Gamertag were achieved on the PC - but if I purchased the Xbox 360 version I would get a second entry - achievements would just continue where they left off. One or two games have attempted cross platform gameplay - Shadowrun for example - but the significant differences in control between gamepads and mouse/keyboard makes it unviable for many games.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom