1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games console passthrough MCE

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Dave_M, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Dave_M

Dave_M
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered a DMS II but I have one final issue to resolve: my son will want to use his X-Box through the TV ...

At present we do this by connecting the X-Box to the front composite/audio in on the VCR, which then happily outputs to the TV over its Scart. The VCR is destined for the scrapheap however.

One option would be to use the composite/audio in on the TV directly, but that means scrabbling around behind the TV (which is wall mounted, so the wires would be hanging around anyway). This would also be an issue as once I have the DMS I'll be using the L/R audio in on the TV to take output from that, and I don't want him pulling these plugs in and out all the time.

I hear that there's a software plugin for MCE that allows composite/audio to be passed directly through MCE to the screen, but apparently this is specific to the Elonex Artisan. Does anyone know of a way (software) to do this from ANY AV input (for example the front composite/audio in on the DMS)?

Or is there a cabling solution?

2. Dunedin397

Dunedin397

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don't mention what sort of TV you have or what connections it has but you're certainly not getting the best out of the XBox with a poor composite connection. You really should be going for RGB SCART or at the very least, SVideo.

I don't see any benefit in connecting the XBox to the PC bar the wiring issue you mention, I'm assuming your TV doesn't have a media box? If not, what you could do is buy a JoyTech AV Control Center (yes, another box) and connect the PC and XBox to that via RGB SCART then the Control Centre to the TV via RGB SCART.

Dunedin