Games console image border problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by thethingupstair, Dec 31, 2006.

1. thethingupstair

thethingupstair
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there,

I've been having some trouble getting a decent full-screen image from my gamecube and Wii when connecting via component cable to my TV. Well, actually the connection goes via a component switch box and then out to a DVI cable into the TV. (I have to do it this way as my tv only has DVI input for HD/Progressive sources.)

Unfortunately when set up this way i get borders all around the screen image and when playing a 16:9 game the viewable area is rather small in the centre of the screen.

Basicially i was wondering if this can be fixed with some kind of scaler/converter? At the moment im just doing a straight cable to cable connection coversion without any boxes etc.

Maybe something like this: LINK
    ?

Or maybe somebody can suggest something else? I've already wasted a fair bit of cash on cables and cable adapters etc trying to get a better FULL screen image, but had no luck. I don't want to buy anymore pointless gear :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers!!

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    It may help if you inform everyone the make and model of your TV. Resolution settings etc.

3. thethingupstair

thethingupstair
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry...

I have a Philips 32PF3320/10, which i capable of resolutions up to 1080i/p. It also supports the 480p resolution the Wii outputs with component cables. When connected via the av cables that came with the Wii everything is full screen, but it just doesn't look good, which was expected with the cheapy cables supplied!

thanks again...

4. thethingupstair

thethingupstair
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone got any ideas? if the link posted won't help how about the DVDO iScan HD+?