Distinguished Member

Some deals from the Epic Mega sale

Control is £13
BL3 is £15
Anno 1800 is £15
Metro Exodus is £7.50 or Gold Edition for £15
Odyssey is £6.50
Outward is £4

All the above prices are using ther £10 voucher (you get one with GTA5 or from the store)
Each purchase will give you another voucher, and they expire in November
anyone played control ? love remedy as a game creator. was waiting for it to drop a little bit as im not willing to play on it on my 1070 as would love to be able to start maxing it out on a 3070 or 3080ti depending on pice ha

duncfunk

Some deals from the Epic Mega sale

Control is £13
That's a good deal, it's 20 in euros. Think I'll pick up The Witcher 3 for 5 euros, that's a new addition since the last sale.

aslird

anyone played control ? love remedy as a game creator. was waiting for it to drop a little bit as im not willing to play on it on my 1070 as would love to be able to start maxing it out on a 3070 or 3080ti depending on pice ha
I haven;t played Control but watched streams of it. It won numerous GOTY awards and seemed really fun to play.

Mensy

Distinguished Member

spencer_uk

control is brilliant. The coupon also works on the DLC which I just picked up.

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
I have just picked up Rebel Galaxy for £6 odd in the Epic sale, I also really liked Control and the first of it's DLC.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
Rebel Galaxy has one of my favourite sound tracks, pure guilty pleasure on my part, but its awesome..

Mensy

Distinguished Member
Aye , just had a look and it's all working now , ( picked up "Control" while i was there )
control is brilliant. The coupon also works on the DLC which I just picked up.
Im thinking of picking up control but wont play it until the new 3000 series gpus are out as my 1070 cant even max 1080p at 60fps. So might just wait and see if it gets cheaper by September

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Im thinking of picking up control but wont play it until the new 3000 series gpus are out as my 1070 cant even max 1080p at 60fps. So might just wait and see if it gets cheaper by September
A 1070 should be more than enough for 1080p gaming !
what games does it struggle with ?

Mensy

Distinguished Member
A 1070 should be more than enough for 1080p gaming !
what games does it struggle with ?
Control lol i tend to game at 1440p but the 1070 cant do that on control it struggles hitting 1080p with settings on max

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
I have gone for Control with the voucher following the above glowing reviews - will be firing it up on my new 2070 later.

Should I be expecting another voucer off the back of this purchase?

Mensy

Distinguished Member

Mensy

Distinguished Member
I have gone for Control with the voucher following the above glowing reviews - will be firing it up on my new 2070 later.

Should I be expecting another voucer off the back of this purchase?
Yea i think you should get another £10

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Control and Metro:Exodus for me. Was shocked to see Control is a measly 25GB! The last few games I’ve DL’d have been absolute monsters. I had a 1TB SSD spare so popped that in too as I’m short on drive space. Won’t be an issue once my 600mb/s is in :D

Mensy

Distinguished Member
1080 ti , but will be playing it on the TV so by the sounds of things i'll have to drop to 1440p , ( which i don't mind at all - i play most games at 1440p on the tele anyways )
More than enough power in that the ha
Yea i game on my oled tv as i dont have a dedicated room to have a monitor

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Biggest take away for me from that thread is the conversation in the comments whether the epic store will be successful. Personally, if someone has good prices I will use the store. I very rarely by a game at full price these days unless it’s something I really want. Maybe once a year. So price competition a good thing. And if they get the right games as exclusives, I’m there day 1 if it’s a must have game.

Civ VI I quite fancy but not too fussed about the others.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
So yes, rumours are true, claim Civ 6 for free from the Epic store :)

drinkturps

So yes, rumours are true, claim Civ 6 for free from the Epic store :)
Superb freeby that! Not played since Civ4 so this is great news.

aslird

£15 for Skylines plus a whole bunch of DLC. The base game is in the £1 tier.