Quantcast

Bargain Games Bargains - "You mean we can play them as well?"

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Lots of C64 memories for me: Wizball, Paradroid, Elite were some of my favs. The old 2D Ultima games as well.

So what's the Epic store really like?
I've only really used Steam, and have picked up a few interesting games on sale, but PC isn't my main platform.
Was liking the look of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw and Mechwarriors 5, but both too new
for deals i'm guessing.
its fine. lacking a bit in features but nothing disasterous - no achievements or trading cards, the rest however is done better by other services anyway (chat i use discord, and online reviews, personally i think steam reviews are rubbish in general anyway).

They have cloud saves which i think was missing right at the start, other than that it is just a store front.

IF fragmented libraries is a problem for you (it is for me) I can reccomend GOG galaxy 2, it works well and you can tie all your accounts into it. Playnite does similar but i have never used that.

i got rebel galaxy outlaw over xmas for £7.99 in the sale. if you want an updated pretty version of privateer then it is perfect and does exactly that.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
The game I made was called "Spike gets a new car" which was a top down scrolling game with the premise that Spike had got a new motor and had to get home dodging all the obstacles in the road (through 20 increasingly difficult levels!!) and using weapons to clear space ahead. 100% written in BASIC. It also had a functional high score table which was a pain in the bum to program but worked. I figured the jerky scrolling would make peoples eyes bleed after a few minutes but I was proud!!! Was 15/16 at the time I wrote it. Complete with turbo load and loading screen! :D

I think I've still got the rejection letter somewhere in the loft.
That's a great story, thanks for sharing :)

I did quite a lot with BASIC (still love the fact that the Spectrum came with a "teach yourself BASIC" book) and then tried my hand at assembler. Don't think I ever produced anything worthy of showing the public! Kudos for the turbo loader too.

drinkturps

Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited is only £5.99 on CD Keys. Just bought it as I'm a sucker but this gives you full access to the game and 6 expansions without a subscription and there's a whole load of stuff in this.

Cha1ky

Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited is only £5.99 on CD Keys. Just bought it as I'm a sucker but this gives you full access to the game and 6 expansions without a subscription and there's a whole load of stuff in this.
Not sure if that includes the newer stuff TBH.

It changed to Tamriel Unlimited a few years ago and its the ESO Plus that gives you access to all expansions.

Don't get me wrong its well worth that price but I'm just not sure your getting all the released stuff with it, plus theres a new expansion due this year too.

drinkturps

You're correct its not got the latest expansions. It's the base game and updates which is still massive but you can't play as a Necro which was from Jan 2019. I'm having a blast with it though.

Cha1ky

You're correct its not got the latest expansions. It's the base game and updates which is still massive but you can't play as a Necro which was from Jan 2019. I'm having a blast with it though.
If you wanted to try that I suppose you may sub to Plus for a month or 2 which i'm sure gets you everything (but this was a while ago so not sure if its still the same).

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
For those who got Dirt Rally 2 in this months humble monthly...

The year 1 DLC is currently on offer... it is the job lot, every car, location and course in the game...

£14.99

and to top it off next month owners of either season 1/2 OR 3/4 (or both of course) get the Colin Mcrae DLC which includes his impreza and the country of Wales Scotland (oops! ;) ) to use it in, for free as well.

Last edited:

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Farming Simulator 19 free from Epic Games Store

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Farming Simulator 19 free from Epic Games Store
19?!

drinkturps

Rage 2 for £8.99 on CD Keys. Is it worth pulling the trigger at that price or wait? I know it was meant to get repetitive but has it been improved through patches?

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
i think i read the base game is lacking in content and you need all the dlc for it really...... i really fancy that one myself and it has a decent pedigtree behind it (loved mad max and just cause) but defintiely want the complete edition

drinkturps

i think i read the base game is lacking in content and you need all the dlc for it really...... i really fancy that one myself and it has a decent pedigtree behind it (loved mad max and just cause) but defintiely want the complete edition
Yeah, I'm a bit torn with this. The combat looks fantastic. It appears that if you buy the deluxe version it does not have the 2nd DLC Terrormania and that can only be bought using in game coins (500 rage coins). The first DLC does seem to add a lot of stuff and that's 1500 rage coins if you want to add it to the base game from what I've been reading. Of course you cannot buy rage coins in any sensible denomination so 2500 coins is £15.99!!

Rage 2 is on gamepass if you have that.
Does it come with the DLC? Game pass is currently £1 for the first 3 months which is pretty darn nice. :thumbsup:

aslird

I do not think it would come with dlc, but worth trying out for £1 to see if you like it?

Cha1ky

aslird

Kingdom Come Deliverance is currently the free game over at Epic Games Store.

huxley

Metro Exodus has hot Steam at last for £20.99