1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamer's Plasma?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by kelaur, Dec 21, 2004.

1. kelaur

kelaur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a newbie in terms of plasma/lcd

planning to get a tv...
    seems like i mainly use it for gaming, then tv and occasionally DVD
    I am rather wary of screen burn in as i can play for a lengthy time in one go, so i am not sure whether I should go for plasma. I like to have a hugh screensize though.

Has been wondering whether i should stick with 36 inch CRT or 42 inch plasma or even a projector.

Will be grateful if u could help me.
    Has been impressed by Plasma:435xde and CRT: Toshiba z36p48. But i am not so sure whether I should be spending that much and end up with a burn in screen.

Do warranty cover burn in??

I did see a couple of cheaper screen now. I wonder anyone could suggest me which to go for?

Cheers

kk

2. Macleanrd

Macleanrd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Go for a pany pw6........just got mine for £1400 and its amazing...............especially Call of Duty..........was worried about screen burn but was told thats a not an issue in the home enviroment, its only a problem if your going to set it up at the airport as a display for flight times etc

Hope this helps

Also this forum is good....had some great help on it

3. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What sort of gaming? Console or PC? If PC you will want to consider what the native resolution of the plasma is - my older Panny is great for PS2 and good for PC but not ideal in higher res's - i.e. have trouble reading some small text on some games.

I have never had trouble with burn-in myself, as long as you are careful and don't leave it on when you are not using it. Don't think any warranty will cover burn-in.

If you have a suitable room size/layout I would consider a projector - perhaps not as suitable for normal TV but for gaming/dvd it's what I would consider (if I had a more suitable room).