1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamers Manifesto

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Pooon, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
  2. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    Nice one, that's class...it hits the nail right on the head and is so so true.

Stuff like VG companies wanting to get more female gamers so what do they do...design heroine's with wobbly tits and their arses hanging out of their belt of a skirt.

Bouncing off midair walls - Gran Turismo 4 are you listening! I'm sorry but if I run into a piece of polythene tape (or worse a bit of thin air) in my Subaru Impretza then I wouldn't expect it to stop me flying off the edge of the cliff an cause an abrupt halt! Why bother with realistic looking graphics and authentic handling when the whole immersion is lost in a second by something as daft as this. I may as well be playing Pole Position.

The likes of M$ & Sony thinking that we will actually get excited by cutscene shots that are apparantly from their upcoming console!

Loading screens are another good one! Surely game creaters can make games in such a way that we don't sit watching a stupid yellow bar scroll across a picture of a car or some WW2 Soldiers. At least run something informative and not memory intensive whilst loading up the next level. Pre loading parts of levels should definately be achievable as I really do feel that I spend too much time watching yellow bars scroll across screens. OK so it's no way near as bad as back in the old speccy days but it's still annoying and surely with the memory available in the next gen consoles they should be able to do some pre loading.