Gamer UK release

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone that has/had it tell me if we get a 7.1 or 5.1 release please?

Last edited:
Cheers for that mate.

DTS-HD-MA 5.1 track, 1080p/24hz VC-1 transfer on a BD-50.
Actually a two disc set, with the 70+ min HD making of on the second disc,(BD-25), with 41 mins of random interviews, etc. Disc one had the film, commentary and PiP commentary. Glad they put the doc on a seperate disc, gives the,(quite nice), movie encode room to breathe.

Isn't the US disc region locked?

Multi region here but I think I'll stay local this time and pick this up.

Isn't this just called 'Gamer' as apposed to 'The Gamer' ?

I'm being a bit fickle i know. It's as bad as people calling the movie 'The Knowing' as apposed to 'Knowing' !

It cracks me up ............. :rotfl:

Gamer is the correct title.

Title corrected;)

What are people's thoughts on the actual movie?
I seem to be one of the few people that actually enjoyed it and understood that it was clearly a p*sstake, not to be taken seriously at all, despite being played with a straight face.

What are people's thoughts on the actual movie?
I seem to be one of the few people that actually enjoyed it and understood that it was clearly a p*sstake, not to be taken seriously at all, despite being played with a straight face.

I didn't go a bundle for it at the cinema, but as you say, it wasn't really what I was expecting. I didn't realise it was so Crank-like, and basically a very OTT satire.

I'm looking forward to re-evaluating it on Blu though - heard the transfer is fantastic.

It is. I've watched it four times already.

Didnt like it anywhere as much as Crank personally but can see the similarities

Transfer is top notch though

disc is annoying as far as I couldnt skip the ads at the beginning (I had to individually fffd through each seperate ad) , and I did try both menu buttons which were seemingly disabled

Last edited:
Yeah, the trailers bugged me.

Just picked this up at my local Morrisons for a reasonable £16.99. Was surprised to see it there to be honest, Look forward to watching it in a bit.

On a side note while I was at the tills I noticed the bloke behind me had a dvd of Wrong Turn 3 in his trolly with a £11.99 sticker on it, Told him to keep his receipt :lesson:

It was £16.99 in HMV as well,(at least for this week, lol). Colour me very surprised.

It was £16.99 in HMV as well,(at least for this week, lol). Colour me very surprised.

I've noticed recently that HMV's blu prices are often competitive for the first week of release - worth remembering if you get stuck with vouchers.

Just picked this up at my local Morrisons for a reasonable £16.99. Was surprised to see it there to be honest, Look forward to watching it in a bit.

On a side note while I was at the tills I noticed the bloke behind me had a dvd of Wrong Turn 3 in his trolly with a £11.99 sticker on it, Told him to keep his receipt :lesson:

Do you know what, I actually quite enjoyed Wrong Turn 3 for what it was- cheap DTV crap. It's a keeper for me:rolleyes:

Watched this last night. Really liked the action scenes which were done in a similar way to games such as Call Of Duty. There were some stupid scenes, cheesey scenes, weird & sick scenes! All in though, well worth a watch with top notch sound & picture quality.

I'm holding out for a bit in the hope the Aussie release will be in 7.1.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom