Gamer Tag Recovery and Problem Overcome

uk.kv

Novice Member
Hi All,
Problem solved but thought I would share this work around in case others come up with the same problem.

Symptoms : Xbox live profile gone, gamer points 0, wallpaper gone, can still see friends but cant connect with them, ‘cannot create profile’ error message.

One morning my gamer tag was greyed out, ghost like and my profile disappeared (through no fault of my own). My profile didn’t exist although some info was still present such as friend list, went through the motions to recover gamer tag and profile. It would not let me complete the recovery process and was being stumped at the last with a message of “Xbox LIVE sign up is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Continued to appear when repeating this recover process over the next couple of days.

My work around – created another profile and temporarily switched to it, deleted my xbox live profile but selecting to not remove all saved achievements.

Went back to recover gamer tag, followed instructions through, Gamer tag now working and then deleted the recently created temporary profile.
It would seem that that by not deleting the gamer tag profile info this was preventing a recovery.
Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom