GamePass

Cha1ky

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Thought it best to have its own thread in the Xbox Series S/X section.

Just posted today

I’ll be honest-this is one of the main reasons I’ve recently moved from iOS to Android.

You’ll always have your purists who “won’t ever cloud game”, but make no mistake-the Series S/X (and PS5) will be the last generation of consoles and slowly people will transition over to xCloud as their way to game.

Yep, why wait around for your 200gb game to download, when you can stream and dive straight in.

Yep, why wait around for your 200gb game to download, when you can stream and dive straight in.
The answer for me, I simply want to play the very best version of the game possible, which will always be on the console at home. I'm not interested in playing these games on a mobile when i've forked out £450 for a graphics card/New Console.

I do understand the convenience of it though. Just not for me.

Only if the rest of the world gets better and uncapped internet, here in the UK where 100 miles is considered a long way and hence cabling etc is short and easy and we still have large areas of 3mb internet (I live in one but am lucky enough to be on Virgin cable now) were as in the bigger countries like the states, canada, Oz ,NZ etc things are not so good with good interent in the cities but outside it really drops off. In 7 years things will move on but to stream 120fps in 4K in 2027 you gonna need a 50mb pipe I would think so I dont think this is the last gen of consoles as we know them, definetly not for nintendo.

Also Nvidia, AMD etc will still want to sell GPU's so they not keen on this, PC gaming will persist and hence so will consoles , with the option to stream as well.

I wonder if I can stream an Xbox version to my PC. I ask as Minecraft Dungeons wont let me play PC and Xbox togther but if I can stream the Xbox version I can mulitplay with the xbox. Or is it only to mobile via an app

There is a streaming app coming out for PC too - no doubt be part of the Xbox app.
(I would imagine there will also be a stream option available on the actual console too)

The Xbox console streaming to PC is already a thing isn't it? I'm just not sure if you can have another user then playing on that same console at the same time.

Yeah current streaming from the Xbox Companion app is basically like screen mirroring and will use the actual Xbox you stream from. (and only available on same lan)

As well as xCloud streaming, the new app will also allow you to stream from your console anywhere and won't turn the xbox 'on' (though will still use the console).

The answer for me, I simply want to play the very best version of the game possible, which will always be on the console at home. I'm not interested in playing these games on a mobile when i've forked out £450 for a graphics card/New Console.

I do understand the convenience of it though. Just not for me.
Camping gaming is my reason ... Can't wait to find a beautiful campsite and sit in my campervan to game 😂

Anyone got any experience of the Razor Kishi?

There's a Daily Deal with CDKeys at the moment for EA Play for £17.99 for 12 Months.
Tempted in grabbing one and when EA Access get's added to GPU you could potentially redeem for 4 Months of GPU....is my thinking correct ?

12 Months of GPU for £53 ?!?!?

were as in the bigger countries like the states, canada, Oz ,NZ etc things are not so good with good interent in the cities but outside it really drops off.
Oz had terrible internet in the cities 😂 I lived in Perth for a while and was lucky to break 2Mb. NBN is their rollout of super fast internet and is so bad it's become a national joke. Generally speaking both there and NZ are relying on fixed wireless to sort their regional problems along with a sprinkling of satellite offerings. No matter what way you choose to play games those rural connections will suck. They don't have the data caps or speed to handle patches and too much latency for streaming games. I can't see people in this areas coming off copper anytime soon if they like playing games.

Xcloud still isn't launched here anyway, ms still don't have data centres here so the latency of going to Oz and back would kill it, but Oz doesn't have it either so we'd actually be bouncing data to the states. I like the idea of streaming and see it's use case but for now until ms build a data centre and put xcloud blades in it I'm stuck with remote play only.

I'll be interested if the Xbox one can play the series consoles remotely on the same LAN like a pc or phone can. Be keen to use mine as a media streamer in another room and wouldn't say no to all the enhancements the series X will bring and playing in a second room.

Yeah tell me about it, spent 3 months in Oz and another 3 in NZ and I work for an Aussie company which has its own data centre in Melbourne (had too build it itself) but we have to use Hong Kong for our Azure stuff as its the closest

Yeah tell me about it, spent 3 months in Oz and another 3 in NZ and I work for an Aussie company which has its own data centre in Melbourne (had too build it itself) but we have to use Hong Kong for our Azure stuff as its the closest
The government in NZ has given Microsoft permission to build two huge data centres here to hopefully bring all this stuff on shore. Their investment in fibre to the property is fantastic here with most cities having very affordable gigabit connections but with data centres being overseas it's hard to really max out the speeds. I'll be really interested to see with the series X of I see any improvement on download speeds, what's the point in having the best internet of you can't max it out 😂

I asked this question in the Gamepass PC Topic, but got no reply for few days, so will ask in here.

I'd imagine if the game is out on the console it probably will have controller support, games that aren't, may not. Age of empires/company of heroes strike as games that may not.

Anyone use streaming on an Android device?

I tried with a Nokia 5.1 (running Android 9, connected to my router over 5GHz WIFI) and it's very laggy. Sometimes the controller doesn't respond sometimes the delay is several seconds.

I have fibre broadband and my connection seems fine (network traffic isn't high and I am standing a few meters from my router with no walls and direct line of sight to it) and the app keeps telling me "Your Network may be experiencing some problems?" but I think it might be my phone.

Anyone use streaming on an Android device?

I tried with a Nokia 5.1 (running Android 9, connected to my router over 5GHz WIFI) and it's very laggy. Sometimes the controller doesn't respond sometimes the delay is several seconds.

I have fibre broadband and my connection seems fine (network traffic isn't high and I am standing a few meters from my router with no walls and direct line of sight to it) and the app keeps telling me "Your Network may be experiencing some problems?" but I think it might be my phone.

Xcloud or Console ?
Works fine on my phone and got it running on a Fire Tablet also but that does seem a bit laggy but Phone is spot on at the moment for both console and Xcloud. Very Impressed with it so far.
Using a Huaweeeeeeeeee P20 Pro

Xcloud or Console ?
Works fine on my phone and got it running on a Fire Tablet also but that does seem a bit laggy but Phone is spot on at the moment for both console and Xcloud. Very Impressed with it so far.
Using a Huaweeeeeeeeee P20 Pro

Sorry I meant xCloud (thought I would post here as it was part of GamePass).

So one certain Dev is very happy with GamesPass

I wonder if they get paid per download or what the commercial agreement is with MS.

You could hazard a guess and say a lot of the 3 million downloaded and played for 5 mins.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom