1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamepads

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by ytgti, Mar 28, 2003.

1. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I want a gamepad for my pc to mainly play FPS i have been thinking about the Saitek P3000, does anybody know how compatable these are with games, past and present. I know you can programme them but knowing my luck some games wont work. I've Starwars Jedi Knight 2 and a few other games, so will they work. Cheers.

2. TimF

TimF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You really are better off with a mouse and keyboard combo for FPS titles.

If you must have a gamepad then get a PS2 pad and a converter -These are the best gamepads imho.

Cheers

Tim

3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I second that. Stick with the old and proven keyboard and mouse set up. This imo is still the most accurate and quickest method to despatch your enemies in both single and multiplayer games. In some instances I've played Quake online with console users - they don't seem to fair as well as pc users since they're using gamepads.
    Still if you must you can get both the ps2 gamepad and converter at play.com at a resonable price.

4. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers, i meant to update this yesterday as well. I've bought the Saitek P2500. The reason i wanted a game pad was because i'm using a laptop and its awkward using the keyboard, with it being so close to the screen. I was just going to buy a seperate keyboard, but i might as well just bought a desktop. Besides, its handy for other games like Tombraider, and driving games ect.