gamecube traded hello XBOX :)

SILVERBACK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
just got back from gamestation after trading in my cube it was a short lived an empty experience to be honest lol i did enjoy mario while it lasted though.got the splinter cell pack an god damn what a game absolutely superb so far better than mgs2 you bet your life it is.a big shout must go to the 5.1 sound absolutely astonishing on sega gt2002 an the rest of the games.all in all im more impressed by the xbox than my cube only because the games i want are on the xbox by the way not the fact that the cube isnt any good.so in all im a happy motor scooter an i finally have a few rivals for pro evo2 an gta vice city LONG LIVE COPMPETITION :D

Another brought into the fold. Welcome to the dark side. :devil:

Search through the forums if you're not aware of the "must have" games for the X-Box. I'd list my favs, but it's been done a bunch of times.

cheer mate very nice console it is to by the way :) also i would like to point out that i dont wanna start a xbox is better than cube war.its just that like i said the games im into are on the xbox and ps2 so please no fanboy wars on my thread lol ;)

and after all the help so many us of gave u on WaveBirds! How ungrateful (!) :p

Seriously tho, if you feel you're going to enjoy the X-Box games more than the GC ones, you've defo made the right move - No point having a console that looks pretty but is ultimately just gathering dust.

Hope u enjoy it :)

Fool, XBox has so few good games compared to GC.

Neil.

i hope your joking mate lol this is exactly the kinda thing i wanted to avoid lol mines better than yours etc there is nothing you can say that is gonna make me think that the cube is better so why bother.im glad you like yours so much though an hope you enjoy your gaming as much as i do mate :D

Originally posted by SILVERBACK
i hope your joking mate lol this is exactly the kinda thing i wanted to avoid lol mines better than yours etc there is nothing you can say that is gonna make me think that the cube is better so why bother.im glad you like yours so much though an hope you enjoy your gaming as much as i do mate :D

Yup, get Halo for your Xbox, most of the other games on it are pants, and the XBox Live games are total pants also. My xbox has been mostly a dust collecting device since I finished Halo in January :D

Cheers,
Neil.

i got the splinter cell pack an have to admit im very happy with the games i got with it splinter cell is everything that metal gear solid should have been an more.an segat gt2002 is a crackin game halo didnt bother me as i prefer a pc for my FPS games an i was very surprised at the quality an graphics its a hell of a game.jet set radio on the other hand is total arse lol now i need rocky an project gotham an im complete i have the best footie game pro evo 2 on the ps2 an gta vice city an my xbox.now all i need to do is find a way of extending the 24 hour day to play them all :D dont suppose you have rocky for a trade do you seeing as you dont use your box any more mate ??

oh an the 5.1 sound is truly something to be praised it really does add another dimension to the game playing but obviously you need the set up to get the best out of it.

Originally posted by D39
Then Neil, why don't you trade yours for a GC or sell it?

I have an NTSC-J/NTSC GC and 2xPS-2 [NTSC/PAL] and 3 xbox's, one green secret one, one NTSC modded thats banned from XBox Live and one modded but switched off for when I go on Xbox Live that isn't banned :D.

If you like quality video games the by far the GC has the best games, Mario Sunshine, StarFox, SSBM, Animal Crossing, Metriod Prime, Resident Evil 0, Super Monkey Ball and soon Ikaruga and a pile of other AAA titles.

I have kept my XBox because of three things:

Steel Batallion [which I should get this or next week]
Panzer Dragoon Saga
and Halo 2 :D

Mostly though Xbox has been a bit disappointing interms of content, yeah its got the usual EA Sports suspects but specific XBox quality content other than Halo then you're stuck... Although the HDTV modes are outstanding I agree [but GC does 480p also]. The 5.1 is nice but in my view the use of it on xbox is pretty small, halo with 5.1 and on a large screen is awesome. Developers for XBox are dropping like flies

PS-2 is the console of the moment though, GTA:VC, SOCOM Navy Seals, Pro Evo Soccer 2, Timesplitters 2 [which is by far the best port] and alot of good titles.

Its a hame to admit but PC gaming is in a dreadful state, few good titles have come out for a long time, last was Warcraft 3 but that was average, MOH:AA and Jedi Knight 2 were ok, I'm looking forward to C&C:Generals though and of course D00M3 :D

Cheers,
Neil.

im not saying your wrong an i know im not wrong im just saying different strokes for different folks mate an how come it took you 3 xboxs to make your mind up lol.do you have any pics of them xboxs as i have never seen the green secret one also i struggle to see where you get the if you want quality it must be cube statement from.i have no interest in any of these Mario Sunshine, StarFox, SSBM, Animal Crossing, Metriod Prime, Resident Evil 0, Super Monkey Ball and soon Ikaruga apart from resident evil 0.i owned mario an found it to be not quite the step up it should have been from the n64 version it was ok but nothing like the game it could an should have been.also i dont get what all the fuss is about with this animal crossing thing i just dont get it nor the obsession with zelda.after seeing screen shots of the new zelda i think i prefer the old look the new one looks like a 3 dimensional parrapa the rapper.the games i wanna play are on the xbox an ps2 an a few on the cube but not enough to warrant another purchase of one.i can honestly say after owning one an getting rid of it for the box im very more impressed by the box.an to end this on a light note how many power sockets do you have in your house lol or do you just use a generator and you should really try splinter cell mate fantastic game.

Dude, if all the X-Box Live games are pants, why do you have a dedicated X-Box just for going online?

Lol. "The X-Box is such crap, I only bought three of them."

Forgive me if I take your opinions with a grain of salt.

Yeah, and most rude to call someone a fool just for expressing their opinion.

The rantings of the anti-Xbox gang are starting to sound a little bit like panic to me. There are some killer titles coming out and it's power advantage is starting to show. To say that developers are 'dropping like flies' is about the funniest thing I have yet heard.

I'm sure the Lamecube is a very good machine but if anyone thinks MS will pull the plug on the Xbox after a bit over a year they are insane. My guess is that Bill G sees winning the console war as a 5-10 year battle and one of attrition at that.

Yes, the GC sells very well in Japan but then, so do second hand panties.

The Xbox is here to stay. A PS2 owning mate was over the other day and had a first go on one. He bought one with Halo and Munch the next day and has told me the Ps2 has not been on since.

The Xbox's time is coming soon. Don't try to fight it.

S

this is exactly the kinda thing i didnt want on my thread lol i was simply stating that i prefer the games an the box itself to the cube oh an 5.1 sound.obviously we all like are different consoles so we have different opinions so come on lads where all happy with what we got cant we just all get along :D lol.cant we just have a civil conversation with out all fan boy queers popping up every time a decent thread is set up.and why do you feel the need to force your opinion let me just repeat that YOUR opinion on others neil ??:confused: lol.and as for the fool bit lmao i aint the one with 5 consoles that i hate mate ;)

Originally posted by SILVERBACK
cant we just all get along :D

Most of us can mate, but comments like:

Fool, XBox has so few good games compared to GC

Yes, the GC sells very well in Japan but then, so do second hand panties

Really do not help matters. Different people, like different things including consoles. Is that really such a hard concept for some of you to get your head around?

Azrikam / Paiger

Tell me where in my post that I said the Xbox is crap? I've only commented on the quality of the content on the Xbox which has been dreadful Yes the console has alot of power, but its worthless if you don't have quality content for it, [its also not really well optimised for game playing owing to the PCesque architecture].

I said that the games on the GC are better in my view and they are, with a single exception Halo [although Metroid Prime is easily as good if not better than Halo].

Various developers have cancelled games on XBox to focus on PS-2. I'd guess that 70% of Xbox games are PS-2 ports:

» Burnout 2: Point of Impact Racing N/A N/A XBOX
» Call of the Dragonfly Action N/A N/A XBOX
» Dragonkind Action N/A N/A XBOX
» Giants Action N/A N/A XBOX
» Grand Prix 4 Racing N/A N/A XBOX
» Grand Theft Auto 3 Action N/A N/A XBOX
» Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown Strategy N/A N/A XBOX
» Ultimate blade of Darkness Action N/A N/A XBOX
» World Sports Cars Racing N/A N/A XBOX

Look in last months edge article for some detail on developers that have canned all xbox developments.

I'm not a fanboy - just pointing out the obvious - there are some potential good games coming on XBox like Steel Batallion, Panzer Dragoon and a few others but at the moment in terms of quality content is a poor third place. MS need to spend less time faffing about with Xbox Live and more time buidling quality titles. Yes MS might be planning for Xbox 2 but if they don't have the content for it, they might as well be handing out free Cray Supercomputers as all the power in the world doesn't make good games if they don't exist. I like the concept of the Xbox as it caters for the hardcore gamer with HD and inbuilt LAN but it needs good games...

[BTW when I said Fool I should have added a smiley I didn't not mean to cause offense Silver :)]

Regards,
Neil.

So the only game that the Xbox has that gives it an advantage over the GC is Halo but then Metroid prime is better. Eh? None of your statements have made any sense so far.

I do apologise for responding in kind to Neil's earlier rant but it really does wind me up.

Silverback was making the point that his Xbox has been a great experience since binning his cube. It may be for some people the opposite is true. So what?

Why, when someone says something like this must they be attacked and told they are wrong? Check out the PS2 and Cube posts, I bet you don't find too many that have been invaded by Xbox fanboys, telling them their console is junk. Everytime we get a discussion on an Xbox game, some 8 year old turns up and tells us about how bad our machines are.

I bet you don't find too many that have been invaded by Xbox fanboys, telling them their console is junk

Ahhh, if only.

Originally posted by paiger
Everytime we get a discussion on an Xbox game, some 8 year old turns up and tells us about how bad our machines are.

I wonder how many of these people have actually played an X-BOX? Answer, probably only a handful. It seems like football teams, everyone is committed to their team and their team alone and damn every other!

Between me and my mates, we own an X-BOX, several PS2s' and a few GCs, and we *all* look forward to playing each others beacuse they have their unique games and different hardware and wot not which makes gaming *quality*.

I won't lie, I *adore* my GC and wouldn't swap it for either of the other consoles. But I also know they both have quality games (and I can easily see how people could love them) and if the hardware becomes even cheaper, I may well be tempted to splash out more and I think that could become a growing trend...

Hehe

This is like being back at school, when I got thrown out of art class for argueing with my mate that my archimedes was better than his PC.

Of course I was right but neither side would listen :p

Oh and I was 13 at the time.

You need to chill out folks, and not assume every person is a fanboy.

My frustration got the better of me I'm afraid and I apologise if I offended anyone. This IS a forum about the benefits of owning various consoles so I have no problem here.

My problem is that everytime I see a thread entitled something like 'Halo, what a great game' which can only be for the Xbox, I expect to read opinions about that game on that machine. But there are always a few plonkers who can't help but turn up and tell us how something on a another format is so much better and the whole thing collapses into a slanging match.

If I see a thread entitled 'GTA3-Vice City' I know it's about a PS2 game. Sure I may read it as I am interested in the whole scene and loved GTA3 on my PC. But, I'm not going to stick my nose in and start telling PS2 owneres not to bother and that Killer Cops 8 is much better on the Starblast 2000 console because they really don't care.

So, PS2 fanboys, and you know who you are. When you see an Xbox thread, why don't you think 'I have never played this on an Xbox so I know nothing about it. I will not bother to make stupid, uninformed comments that will just wind people up'

This will ensure that peace breaks out across the boards.

The stupid thing is, I am thinking of getting a PS2 for Tomb Raider and Vice City but these guys are actually making me feel more partisan and putting me off. Not enough to sway me, but the feeling is there.

Peace.

Steve

By the way, I was not implying that all PS2 owners are fanboys. There are only a few on here but they tend to make more noise than anyone else.

S

just got project gotham this morning :) fantastic the quality of the 2 racing games on the xbox is superb they really are,PGR an GT2002 big thumbs up.any way id just like to say i am a fanboy of the xbox an cubes suck lol joke joke lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom