GameCube RGB Scart

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by AgentCool, Sep 1, 2004.

1. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    For anyone on the market for a top quality GameCube RGB scart cable I must recommend GAME's own-brand RGB lead which you can get for around £10. At this price, with gold-plated connections AND stereo phono connections, I was a bit suspicious as to whether or not it would really be RGB wired. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was and the picture quality is stunning with no flaws to speak of. I then hooked up the stereo phonos to my Aego P5 decoder and found a ProLogic sound free of distortion.

If you're still using the frankly crap composite scart you get with the GameCube then go out and get one of these now. Not only does it seem to have a better build quality than the official scart, it also has those all important phono plugs which the official lead lacks. Plus it costs half the price!

2. phetttt

phetttt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you on this - I bought the official Nintendo Scart which cost me £25- and the GAME one cost £10!

3. sk4nky

sk4nky
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i'll add my recommendation for the GAME rgb too, i was hearing lots about some gamecube rgb cables not being fully rgb and that the official (£25!) cable from nintendo was the only one.

but the game one is fully rgb and dirt cheap :)

4. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Agreed, the Game cable is very, very good :) The picture quality isn't quite as good as the official cable (ghosting and shimmering around text, for example, with the Game cable) so I upgraded to the official cable and it was a noticeable improvement. I would have been happy sticking with the Game cable but, IMO, the official cable is just about perfect. The only console RGB cable to come close to it is the official Dreamcast cable

There's also a cable by a company called Venom which is, IMO, even better than the Game cable.

5. mr_fantazmo

mr_fantazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Game cable is pretty poor in my opinion, on my 42" screen you can clearly see halo-ing etc around text and it is better on some games than others. The only reason i got this cable and not the official one is for the phono outputs for Dolby Pro Logic 2.