1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GameCube questions

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by ubik, May 26, 2004.

1. ubik

ubik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I have my £20 beauty, I need to feed it!
    Most games seem about £20-£30. Best places to buy from?
    Is the play.com memory card worth getting?
    best price for wireless controllers?
    I like footy games, is ISS2 better than ISS3?
    Whats this Winning eleven i keepo hearing about and where can you get it?
    Likewise the Bonus Zelda disc?

Can you hook it upto a monitor?

cheers

2. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +479
    :) You can get games for much cheaper than this. My most expensive game is £20. I got 'turok' and 'godzilla mellee' for 99p each brand new from Virgin. A lot of shops have stopped being interested in NGC so are trying to shift stock. Want an official ninty controller for £9, head on down to your local dixons. As far as i'm aware, the following shops are trying to get rid of stock:
    Dixons, Virgin, WHSmith, Woolworths.
    Also, second hand games are usually a bargain if you can get good condition ones from Game.

:) Again, I got two Official Ninty (56) memory cards from dixons for £2.67 each

:) I was also wondering about a footy game but can't decide. FIFA 2004 is meant to be good, ISS3 is ?worse than ISS2?

:) I've just recieved a Jap VGA digital lead from lik-sang.com, but the JAP vga port is a different style of port to the UK one. (both have same pins though). I'm currently looking for an adapter to convert the DOL-009 jpn VGA male end into a normal 3x5 pin uk VGA male end. Once done, I will be able to connect to projector (which has a monitor input).

:)Buy freeloader v1.06B from lik-sang.com (NOT v1.06b from play.com - they sent me this 4 times, it never worked properly, and eventually they refunded me.....apart from this play.com is fine for memory cards/games)

:) PS problem with buying from dvdboxoffice.com? They have spent 2 MONTHS and still haven't sent me 2 games i've ordered - uselessly slow service.

3. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,107
    They are only worth pre-ordering off really, or buying really popular games, they do take a long time.

4. Del Boy Smiffy

Del Boy Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    If you dont have the Zelda 4 game disc the head down to Currys as if you buy any Nintendo product they will sell it for 1p, i got a mem card for £3.97 so i could get it.

Also you must get Viewtiful Joe(£15ish) at play.com

SMB1 and 2

Mario Kart DD is just £18.49 at cdwow but you may have to pay import duty.

5. ubik

ubik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, its a great little console

6. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Rule number one.

Only buy official memory cards!

Your questions have already been answered apart from the WE one so:

Winning Eleven is the Japanese version of Pro Evo (which is a PS2 exclusive in Europe up until now) Personally I think it's better than PE2/3, but the difference is nowhere big as most people claim it to be:rolleyes:

The GC version is very good, and works perfectly with the GC pad. Unfortunately the game is pretty rare and sells for about £60+ second hand (luckily I got mine much cheaper than that:p) Get it if you can find it but don't pay more than £50 for it

7. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Toys 'r' Us have some deals at the moment inc. Zelda WW for £20, others starting at £5 if you have a store near you (expensive for delivery if you don't). www.cannings.co.uk have a bargain section for all consoles Timesplitters 2 for £11 and others starting at £6 (£2 delivery). Don't know about only using genuine Memory cards, I've had no problems with the 4gamers ones (yet). www.videogamesplus.ca has Wavebirds for $39.99CND (£17ish)

Paul

8. ubik

ubik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I missed out, did a trawl of dixons,woolies etc in cmk and could only find steering wheels at £1.97.
    Currys said the zelda bonus disc only came if u bought a GC itself, mean buggers!
    Oh well half the fun is tracking the stuff down!

9. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +479
    That lead i bought from lik-sang has what's called a D-Terminal. It is a Jap only connection that is basically a small version of a DFP (digital flat panel) (you can get dfp connections here, but not d-terminals). The connector has 15 pins like a vga lead (DFP has 20).
    With no convertor available (no one uses d-terminal outside Japan), I followed the instructions at www.rgbcube.co.uk and converted it to an auto-switched RGB scart lead (I left the audio L+R as phono's so that they go into my amp, with the scart going into the projector).....
    .....Picture is absolutely AWESOME. (blows away my old ps2 via s-video).
    In total cost about £5 for everything (from maplins) :)

PS It took about 2 hours to do btw, quite fiddly work and you would benefit from using a mgnifying glass, but don't let that put you off, it's definitely worth it in the end.

10. GamecubeGuru

GamecubeGuru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently, I used a little website called ebay.
    After snooping about for a while... I fell...
    :boring: asleep.

Luckily, I have broadband so I am fine.
    Ebay has a lot of cool stuff. I bought many games for my Gamecube.

Pikmin
    Star Wars Rogue Leader
    Harry Potter 2
    Godzilla Melee
    Super Smash Bros.
    Turok Evolution
    Medal Of Honour: Rising Sun
    :boring:
    The list continues.
    Recently, I have noticed sellers who auction their games, and withdraw the item if they don't get there money's worth.

I mean :censored:

Can anyon help me 'cos I need to buy games.

I don't need Hardware cos I've got what I need.
    I need games for 99p.

Help me Gaffer74. :thumbsup:

11. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +479
    To be fair, I only stumbled across that Virgin megastore by accident (/luck).
    It seems that a lot of shops don't rigidly fix their prices and pricing is up to the discretion of the individual manager of that branch. (so Dixons in Crawley sold the controllers for £9, but Dixons in Brighton has no GC stuff at all).
    As so many shops have this policy it ends up being a lottery as to who sells stuff cheap.....but you're more likely to find this with GC than the others.
    Just keep a look out. A good trick is to look closely at the packaging of the discs. In game, i bought a supposedly second hand SoulCalibur2 for £20 because the case was in perfect condition. Sure enough, the disc had NO marks at all on it....a virginal disc with all the paper gubbins which had no marks at all on them. It was just that shops way of selling it off. The same goes for my copy of XIII for my ps2. It was brand new but sold as second hand.
    My general rule of thumb is never to spend more than £20 on a brand new game, and more than £12 on a second hand one.
    PS ebay = more hassle than it's worth, little guarantee for the buyer so I usually steer well clear (heard too many horror stories)

12. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    where did you get the gamecube for £20?
    i wouldnt mind getting another at that price
    :)

13. GamecubeGuru

GamecubeGuru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LISTEN UP ALL...

OUT N ABOUT TODAY LOOKING FOR SHOPS THANX 2 GAFFER74 AND WHAT DO I FIND...

A SHOP CALLED...

ConSole Flogger

North East London.

ALL GAMECUBE GAMES BRAND NEW AND GUARANTEED TO BE UNDER £5 EACH.
    I Bought 4 Games including Pokemon Colosseum for £1.50, £1.50, £2.50 & £4.50!

BRILLIANT!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanx 2 ALL!