Quantcast

Gamecube (official, not wavebird) controllers £7.99

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Just been checking around for best prices for cube controllers, need that 4th one and was deciding between getting another wavebird or a normal wired one. Anyway I noticed Argos have the official (wired) controllers for only £7.99 so if anyone is interested here is the link http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/OrderItemDisplay?returnURL=ProductDisplay&orderId=27721754&quantity=1&productId=85427&langId=-1&checkFreeGift=false&y=11&x=11&catEntryId_0=85427&storeId=10001
Hm, seems a long link, hope it works :clown:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by eviljohn2
Certainly looks good, but the line:
A substitute may be received of similar specification
worries me, especially as there's no mention of it being an official controller aside from the picture.
:laugh: that's a typical Argos comment, they say that with just about anything I order. Anyway, no need to fear, you can always take it back within the 14 days for a full refund if there are any problems.

benje

i reserved this last night to be collected from my local store.. (which only reserves it for 24 hours much to my annoyance)

i then later had a look at the argos catalogue and noticed that there was no mention of official controllers being sold seperately in the current catalogue and coincidentally there looked a v tacky one going for 7.99..

decided i cba going in and then have the hassle of returning a pos 3rd party one. however, if someone confirms otherwise i may change my mind ;P

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I'll hopefully be popping into Argos tommorow to pick up one for myself, I'll let you know if it's the genuine nintendo controller or no ;)

Tetlee

Distinguished Member

i then later had a look at the argos catalogue and noticed that there was no mention of official controllers being sold seperately in the current catalogue and coincidentally there looked a v tacky one going for 7.99..[/B]

After checking product codes in Argos today I discovered that that tacky controller you mentioned in the catalogue does have the same code as the one advertised (with the official controller pic) on the website. Bit of a con to advertise with a photo of the official controller when it isn't, why don't they just put the proper pic on there :mad: .

Anyway, please Mods remove this thread as it seems to have been a misleading advert. Many thanks.

benje

bah.. how infuriating :/

cheers to finding out though.. lets just hope that someone sells off wavebirds for 9.99 again eh ;)

simey

Standard Member
Just got an official Nintendo controller for £9.99 in Dixons, range of games also there for £6.39

daftmole

Thought I'd let you know that I managed to pick up a Wavebird from Dixons (Camden town) for £9.97 yesterday. The box was quite battered, so I'm assuming its old stock that may have been found so keep your eyes peeled!!

They also had several games including Mario Sunshine, Pikmin and Eternal Darkness for £7.97 ish!

Top Bottom