1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gamecube official controllers £9.99 at whsmiths!

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by evilash, Jan 10, 2004.

1. evilash

evilash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I think it's bargain anyhow.. it's been a while since i bought a cube controller. bought one anyway...

2. mr_fantazmo

mr_fantazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats nothin' mate, i got 2 wavebird pads from Good ol' Wh Smith for £9.99!! Get while you can!!

3. evilash

evilash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    mr_fantazmo :eek:

was it mispriced or is this offer nationwide instore?

4. mr_fantazmo

mr_fantazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well it's a bit of a story but here goes!!

I originally saw the offer of normal pads for £9.99 (as you stated in your thread) in the manchester store, went back the next day and they were all gone, much to my disappointment! So i was in Stockport the other day and i thought i'd check in there and sure enough they had purple pads for £9.99 but i actually wanted black! So i asked the assistant to have a look in the back to see if she had black ones! So she comes back with 2 boxes and says, "Yes we have black and we have these grey ones" So i had a look at the box and sure enough it was a wavebird, she scanned it and it came up £9.99 so i bought it and hurried out of the shop without thinking to ask how many she had, so the next day i went back and asked for another and they had one! So i got 2 wavebird pads for £20 when they retail at £35. So go back and ask if the assistant can bring out all the pads they have in the stockroom and you might find a wavebird or 2 !!

Good luck and happy hunting!

P.s - Wavebirds are the way forward!! ;)

5. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    bought one before xmas for £35!!! I'll dive into WH to see if I can get some more to fill the other ports :)

6. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I tried 3 whsmiths over last weekend/early this week and all had standard controllers priced at £19.99 and no wavebirds in stock (tried harrogate, white rose leeds and monks cross york).

So good luck to you all but it certainly wouldn't appear to be a nationwide whsmith cockup (unfortunately).

7. mr_fantazmo

mr_fantazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must have just been lucky then.....erm....twice in a row! I think i'd feel a bit stupid if i went to ask again, although for £9.99. I don't really need another pad though, i might take a look when i get a day off.