1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamecube Monster Interconnects

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Webbster, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Webbster

Webbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running my gamecube through my projector via the cable that is supplied with the Gamecube (presuming this is the official Nintendo one?!) The picture quality is pretty bad though so wanted to use an s-video hook up, I bought the official svideo cable but once un-boxed I've realised it's no use as all the cables are joined about 20 cm from end which means it won't reach both my projector and amp :(

Had new spekars delivered on a home demo the other day and the guy that dropped them off said that Monster did an interconnect that was basically the gamecube plug going into a block off all sorts of connections- s video, composite and so on and you can just plug into those and hey presto- I've been looking but not found any so far- has anyone heard of this? Even better got one or know where I can find one??

Cheers

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    I dont think PAL UK GC can output S-Video without modifidcation groundy IIRC can or could mod them, an RGB>Componet or S-Video converter might be the best bet!

3. Webbster

Webbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, bit confused though, not sure I'm following what you're saying- if my gamecube can't output s-video, how come the official cable that I've got is s-video?? (Just won't reach)I think I've mis-understood...

4. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I bet composite on a projector looks awful, if you GC is a pal model i'm afraid it doesn't output a s-video signal(ntsc consoles do) you need the official Jap component cable to go into your projector. This carries video only via the digital output on the back of the GC, you then use the cable boxed with the GC but only connect the red and white phono/RCA connections for the sound. if they don't reach just buy a phono/RCA extension :smashin:
    Or use the s-video switching via your amp and buy a s-video to s-video cable to connect your amp to your projector(as long as it's a ntsc console) :smoke:

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    just cause they cable is S-video doesnt mean the console actually outputs it. the signal is a proceesing output the cable is just waire with a plug on the end anything can go down it!

6. Webbster

Webbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    fuzzybee- Yeah, I noticed the digital out but can't find any cables for it? So what you're saying is that I'd use the analogue output for the sound and the digital output for the video? Thats all good...except where can I get one of these cables, and what are the options for connections at the projector end?

Hornydragon- gotacha, so basically they just do it for a convenience thing rather than it actually being any use? :thumbsdow How cheap is that?!

Cheers guys, appreciate this- I'm new to the games console thingy, only got it for NFSU lol

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    The consoles hardware can be modified for S-video but its more complicated than a cable. try goblin direct and lik-sang for cables.

8. Solar

Solar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +463
    my bro had never had a problem connecting his pal gc to svhs
    he uses the same lead as his jap version

9. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
  10. Webbster

Webbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers guys, think my options here a stuffed though- the only digital GC cable I found (unless I'm being blind) was a component one- my projector doesn't have a component input :( Does that mean I'm stuck with terrible picture quality??

11. cskates

cskates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A UK Cube can only output RGB SCART, component or composite without some sort of modification or converter. I use a JS RGB->S-Video converter box from http://www.rgbtosvideo.com/ to connect my Gamecube via s-video. If you're going to use RGB then buy the official Nintendo SCART cable, most of the third party SCART cables don't do RGB.

12. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +319
    I have a RGB scart cable for my GC. I then have a RBG Scart to component converter.

13. Webbster

Webbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, how much of an improvement in picture quality does it give you?

Thanks