1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gamecube lens tired?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by snake II, Jul 18, 2004.

1. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Well my main problem stared a few days ago, I borrowed mario golf of a friend and a message kept on coming up ," check instruction manuel blah blah blah" I thoguht it was his game, but when I tried my mario kart it said disk read error or something similiar does this mean the laser gone? if so where to get it fixed the chepest.

cheers

" The Revolution is coming" 2006

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I've had this same problem almost from day one. After 2 months I almost had it sent back but the problem dissapeared. A few months ago it cropped up again only this time instead of crashing while playing, it wouldn't allow me to load the games in the 1st place. Then again it's started working!? I have no idea. Though there was a feature in one of the gc mags about a slew of faulty GC's. Either a batch problem, or genearal design fault.

3. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    sorry to seam stating the obvious but have u tried a lens cleaner

no lens cleaner bit of vodka and a cotton bud will do the trick but dont over do it on the vodka will kill the taste of the coke

4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Bit wary about cleaning the lens myself. worried it'll stop working altogether. Would any lens cleaner do?

5. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Tried cleaning the laser with a solvent type liquid, it worked well for about 5/6 days at the same time mario golf for gamecube was new, then it crashed and has a mind of its own from then on, working only when it wants to, I have phoned nintendo and I just have to find some time to send it off, lucky I still have the receipt as it is a 2 yr guarantee.