Gamecube games to play

ikix

Established Member
Reaction score
Since theyre all backwardscompatible , which games would you suggest are good to get since theyre isnt a mass of Wii games out yet.

Cheers:thumbsup:

Lol there is quite a lot of threads like this but I shall list what I have owned on the GC and what I bought recently in a rush to make sure i got a hold of GC games that were high rated and I never got to play

Zelda : Wind Waker
Mario Sunshine
Pikmin
Resident Evil 4
Super Smash Bros Melee
Metriod Prime 1 & 2
Mario Kart : Double Dash
Eternal Darkness : Sanitys Requim (One of my fav games ever)

...and if it is Zelda that takes your fancy there is also a limited edition version of Zelda: Windwaker that comes with an extra disc containing the much applauded Zelda: Ocarina of Time game from the N64.

'Fire Emblem - Path of Radiance' was pretty cool

Stu

Res 4, all day long, exceptional

Star Wars Rogue Squadron was lots of fun... Didn't play the follow up Rebel Strike but I'll be grabbing that soon.

Resident Evil 4 , quite possibly the best game I've ever played.

Other must have's include

Rogue squadron II & III
Mario Sunhine
Mario Kart
Luigis mansion (just to play it through once)
Billy Hatcher
Donkey kong jungle beat + 2 sets of bongs (best laugh ever)

I really, really can not wait to play through all the Gamecube games I missed out on, considering I never had one! Mario Sunshine is first on the list :)

make sure you get NTSC versions and a freeloader. and use the component cables for 480p

assuming you either have a US / JPN wii, or get the PAL wii compatible freeloader

make sure you get NTSC versions and a freeloader. and use the component cables for 480p

assuming you either have a US / JPN wii, or get the PAL wii compatible freeloader

could you explain why so? is it because they run without bars? i didn't grab a cube at the time so missed the whole scene.

it's because the gamecube could output progressive scan at 480p

only NTSC releases were encoded with such an option - pal one's didn't :( so much so, that later PAL cubes didn't have the digital Av port

if you have the choice, US games at 480p look way better than their pal counterparts

the problem is that PAL Wii's don't work with the current freeloader version (freeloader allows the gamecube to run games from other regions - JPN/US) hence the need for a non-PAL Wii (or wait till datel release a pal-compatible freeloader)

if you're not using component, it doesn't really matter, but NTSC releases were generally cheaper, and released earlier

Resident Evil 4 , quite possibly the best game I've ever played

hear hear. I second that. Also, I had a shot of the PS2 version and for some reason it just wasn't the same. Probably something to do with the controller - I'm not a big dualshock fan.

Viewtiful Joe is also great

ive jsut gone a tad nuts and bought Fire Emblem and Paper Mario for the GC, as im HOPING to get my Wii tomorrow morning... or heads are gonna roll...lol

Do you NEED a classic controller to play GC/VC games... or can you use the normal remote/nunchuck?

Game cube controller for game cube games and you'll need a gamecube memory card to save gamecube games also.

I believe game cube controller can be used for most of the VC games.

Classic controller doesnt work with Gamecube games, only VC games some Wii games. Here's the linky.

http://wiiportal.nintendo-europe.com/7.html

Is there actually such thing as the "PAL Wii compatible FreeLoader?

I'll google it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom