1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GameCube Freeloader Disc

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by BIONIC MAN, Aug 15, 2002.

1. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Any Region Gaming for the Uk Cube

I see that Play.com has it down for 30/08/02 release for the
    price of £16.99 ,

Will it work for all NTSC games USA & JAPAN ? ? , Lets hope so

:D

We Can Rebuild Him ( Yeh for Six MIllion Dollers )

2. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The release date for this thing keeps getting pushed back... Anyways yes it will allow for true import gaming however I do know know if it will enable prog.scan using an NTSC game on a PAL Gamecube. If it outputs a true NTSC signal on a PAL Gamecube then it could be interesting indeed since there would be no need for an import GC.

3. Salem Doom

Salem Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The action replay will also let you do this, I hope the action replay has unlimited time days for Pikmin, I love that game but find 15 mins per ''day'' not enough :)

4. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Action Replay should be out by now actually... I haven't led an active search for it though but I might start in the morning. It should be pretty interesting indeed.

5. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm... I thought prog.scan was enabled via software... If it is indeed done from a hardware chip (it does make sense anyway)then it could be possible for a hacker to enable prog.scan for every NTSC game, much like on the Xbox. If thats the case then it would be very sweet ^_^

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I hadn't thought of it like that before ;). I think it's a case of the hardware and software working together. Progressive Scan does need to be enabled in the software but the de-interlacing cannot be performed without some kind of hardware support as well. Who knows, it may all be performed insid ethe Component Cable's extremely clever D/A convertor.

7. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hopfully a techno boffin could help us out and figure out a way to enable prog.scan for every NTSC game on the Gamecube. For the Xbox I've read its just a matter of selecting PAL or NTSC off a disk, and if you choose NTSC everything would be in NTSC prog.scan regardless if the actual game supports it or not. I'm tempted to try this out myself but I'll wait (a new sub is next on the hitlist). So far anyway there have been detailed hardware accounts of an NTSC Gamecube but none of the PAL version... I'll keep on looking around to see if anything interesting pops up.

8. 2manyconsoles

2manyconsoles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To get the progressive scan you hold down B as the game loads (at least with the component lead anyway)

9. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    2manyconsoles, we know how to enable progressive scan on our import Gamecubes... Some titles even offer the option automatically without the B command. We were just talking about a possible progressive scan option on European (PAL) Gamecubes.

PAL Gamecubes with the component lead will offer an interlaced image only and not progressive scan. What I'm thinking of (along with other people) is that it might be possible for a PAL Gamecube to output progressive scan when using an NTSC game like Eternal Darkness.

You would have to use a suitable NTSC game (like Eternal Darkness, Wave Race, Rogue Leader II, etc) because they have the flags to enable progressive scan in the first place. The only way for us to test this theory though is to use a Freeloader/Action Replay. I just hope that either will be released. And soon.