Gamecube 'digital video out' to plasma.

U

Uzey

I have a 'digital video out' on my UK Gamecube and was wondering if it would input to a plasma.
Does anybody know about this mysterious socket?:clown:

Not that I know of - as far as I can tell there is a cable to something called a D-terminal, which is used in Japan and carries Component or a digital signal.

I haven't found any details on whether its possible to convert that to DVI.

- Steve

Many people have wondered. It might be worth emailing Nintendo of America about this. I'm using component cables. The component cable converts the signal to analogue internally.

It does output a digital signal, but the only 2 cables that plug into it in japan contain a DAC chip that converts it to YPbPr component video (which explains why it's not a cheap cable) - one cable has 3 RCA plugs and the other a D plug, both cables output anologue component video.

Hmmmm! Component's better than RGB I suppose. How much doseth this cable costeth????

Originally posted by Uzey
Hmmmm! Component's better than RGB I suppose. How much doseth this cable costeth????

quite abit. You can order through the nintedo store(US only) or from playasia or lik sang.

If you read the gamecube FAQ on usenet, it says :

Q. Can I use an NTSC Component Video cable on my PAL Gamecube?

A. Yes, but only on games that support it (very few PAL games do).

Looks like it's a no go if you have a UK cube, unless you've imported a lot of NTSC games.

I still use it because it shows more detail than a RGB scart. I use a plasma.

Originally posted by Uzey
Only if you use progressive scan output.

StooMonster

Half the trouble with RGBis the connector. Stoomonster is absolutely correct, there is no real difference between RGB and YUV, the switch between them is practically lossless, it's usually a matter of which your screen processes better, which might be for a number of reasons.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom