1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gamecube component video

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by phetttt, May 2, 2005.

1. phetttt

phetttt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks

after i come back from my holiday in June i am thinking of buying an lcd screen, so i will be softmodding my xbox to play in hi-def.

Also i am wondering if the gc would benefit from component output?

Do Ntsc games only output in progressive scan? Would i need to get freeloader and a us copy of the game? How is the sound output?

I will be going to Japan so maybe i can pick up the component cables for cheapness but is it worth the hassle?

any advice is appreciated…

2. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only way to get prog scan on a UK Gamecube is to use NTSC games with Freeloader.

When you boot the games, you simply hold down one of the buttons on the Game Pad (I have forgotten which one) and you are given the option to select Prog Scan.

Most NTSC (USA) games support this feature, and its well worth doing. Resi 4 looked simply awesome on my 30" Sharp LCD running in 480p.

3. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Check this out;

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=181427

Ive got a PAL GC and PAL games, but Ive been considering buying the Official GC Component cable from Lik-Sang for use with a projector (which has a component input).

It should improve the picture over composite input (on the PJ), but without progressive scan enabled I doubt it will look much better than Scart RGB on the CRT Ive been using.

4. phetttt

phetttt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers guys

i agree about resident evil 4 - i have the pal copy,
    a much better game than the dissappointing halo 2 imho.

roll on revolution!!