1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GAMECUBE Component Help?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Daver_X, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Daver_X

Daver_X

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a SCART TV and would love to know if there is a way to connect the Component cable available for the Cube to a scart TV.

I have seen scart to component cables, but will there be a voltage/image problem, wierd britness, etc.

Or is this the easy way to do it? (S-Video sucks a bit)

This seems to be a real bone of contention when I ring up the usual AV people.

Incidentally, I have a pioneer AV amp which has Component in and out, which may help.

CHeers

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +646
    The only way you can use the component cable is, if you have component inputs on your TV.
    Nintendo decided after the SNES that RGB is not necessary, and even on the SNES only the NTSC consoles had RGB.
    It was disabled on the N64 and could only be added with a modification, so this means it could be on the GC, however i doubt it, as the later N64's had it completely removed.
    hope this answers your question , even if its not the answer you were looking for.

3. annefromuk

annefromuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you manage to get a gamecube from?
    And would you recomend buying from them?

Anne

4. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    best places to buy a jap/us modded cube:

Lik Sang (Hong Kong based I think)
    ncsx

You will get had for VAT and duty at lik sang, but ncsx will mark the package as a gift or with a lower customs value I believe.

From UK based importers, be prepared to pay a bit more:

Skill 2000 - 020 8567 9174 (highly reccommended, London based and very knowledgable, if not allways the cheapest)
    Computer Exchange

hth

5. comeclickbuy

comeclickbuy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought a U.S Gamecube from E Bay $220 with $40 shipping to U.K pretty good price should be here this week also have star wars rogue leader waiting at home now with 2 more games on the way, Luigis mansion and wave race

cant wait.......

6. Duncan

Duncan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The old N64 SCART lead works- btw british N64 ARE RGB out the box, just Jap and US one are not- but sadly foreign GameCubes do not support RGB?

Why?

Because they have HDTV and progressive scan support instead!!! Know what Id rather have.......

So expect RGB support in the official british model.

Im well happy with my US GC though- Rogue is AMAZING, Wave Race too, my wife loves Luigis Mansion and Super Monkey Ball is simply too addictive. Even Fifa 2002 is worth a play- its no ISS but will do until then.

BTW every single game is great as tech demo to show off the cube.

Oh also- does anyone know where I can get a cheapish Pro-Logic II processor? Rogue Squadron in Pro-Logic is good, but I want more!!!!