1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GameCube component gaming

Discussion in 'TVs' started by KingOfHyrule, Dec 25, 2004.

1. KingOfHyrule

KingOfHyrule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wooo...just got a brand new HDRPTV (Samsung SP42Q2HL) for Christmas - what a beauty! :) Also got the GCN Component Cable and couldn't wait to try it out...although when I tried out a few games (even in Progressive Scan mode) I was unpleasantly surprised at the mediocre quality.

I've heard so many good reviews of this cable; that the quality is simply amazing - but I find it hard to find a significant difference between Component and the official RGB cable - am I doing something wrong? Is it the TV that needs tweaked for maximum viewing? I also found that I could change the colour levels of the picture - a little strange for a digital input?

Suddenly Samus and little Link look much, much more jagged and rough than they did with the good old RGB on a 21" model - not what I was expecting at all. Can someone please help me? Thanks very much, Merry Christmas to all!

2. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Its probaby just due to the fact that you have blown the image up to twice the size your used to. Console graphics do have jagged edges and low detail its just that its more noticable on a bigger screen :)

3. KingOfHyrule

KingOfHyrule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, true - I was expecting some distortion and it is quite noticeable a few feet away from the screen, but I think I was probably expecting uber-high visuals from the component cable like I'd heard from most sources. Ah well, beggars can't be choosers :laugh: Thanks for the reply mate!

4. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Moved from CRT Projectors forum

5. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +353
    silly question, but i'll ask it, are you holding down the correct button on the controller to force progressive scan on the cube?

6. Mr THX

Mr THX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Another silly question but what button is that ?? and does it work with an RGB scart lead ??

7. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It won't work with an RGB scart cable.

Hold down B as the game is loading and if the game is prog-scan enabled then you'll get a screen before the game loads asking you if you want to enable/disable prog scan. If you don't do this or if the game doesn't do prog scan then you'll just get a composite image.